Shape Change *SOLVED*

Guyon

I am working on a story where I need  a mid to lower leveled nephilim to appear as a human. I am not sure the doppelganger would be a fit to my story, so is there any other ideas?  Perhaps  have a high power nephilim use a spell.  Pandora?

If Pandora could cast a long term shape change spell that would work.

thanks

Thanks Mason!  But some of your character suggestions are a little to high powered for my story.  Or are you saying they have a spell than can be cast on someone else for a longer period?   And I am trying to keep this as rule based as possible.

Here is what I am doing I need a lower level Nephilim to be in charge of a bar as a cover..  He can have a long term spell or a higher Nephilim could cast it on him.   As I think about it a spell would be better but I would accept a shape changer.

2 minutes ago, Guyon said:

Thanks Mason!  But some of your character suggestions are a little to high powered for my story.  Or are you saying they have a spell than can be cast on someone else for a longer period?   And I am trying to keep this as rule based as possible.

Here is what I am doing I need a lower level Nephilim to be in charge of a bar as a cover..  He can have a long term spell or a higher Nephilim could cast it on him.   As I think about it a spell would be better but I would accept a shape changer.

Not everything you do as a Fatemaster necessarily has to be written down in a book.

Especially since most of the Neverborn stuff is in a book that hasn't been written yet.  :P

If the story requires a Neverborn to be in disguise and in charge of a bar, then just have a Neverborn be in disguise and in charge of a bar. The exact mechanics probably aren't going to be super important to the story, are they?

• Like 3

As an aside: when you give stats to something, you make it killable.. :mask

More on point: there's a Neverborn subtype Mimic that in the Malifaux game itself run the range of power, from peon/minion all the way through master, you can use that as a guide to develop a cover identity for the Neverborn Fatemaster Character that's based off of an appropriate non-mimic bestiary entry (in power and abilities, think fledgling Dopplegangers that haven't really mastered their fluidity and thus either get stuck in a form or have a childlike obsession with appearing a specific way). There would be some key differences (i.e. a mimic guild guard doesn't have the same unit tactics, discipline, motives, and conditioning as a human guild guard; but the career guard won't have an innate sense of when they're talking to a disguised Neverborn and is more likely to notice human group behavior changes).

Thank you Mason, nice to see Wyrd showing a helping hand.  Your assistants is greatly appreciated.
Oh and I can't wait to buy the Neverborn book when it is done.  VERY excited for that one.

@spooky_squirrel I was looking into mimics but there is very little to read baout them, but fund a few helpful posts.
Both good suggestins and am ready to finish my story.

Thanks All

• Like 1