Which master for this crew?

MSKmagic

I'm relatively new to the game and I've joined a shifting loyalties campaign. Time to buy a master but I've got a mixed crew of arcanists: Joss, Kudra, Mech Rider, Arcane Emmisary, 1 Oxfordian Mage, 2 December Acolytes to choose from. The masters I can choose from are Rasputina, Sandeep, or Ramos. One problem is that for this game week I can only afford the master and not any upgrades (you even have to pay scrip for 0 upgrades). 

I'll have to face Asami and a ten thunders crew in one game and Nicodem with some rezzers in another. Reconnoiter, Distract, Vendetta, Assasinate, Bodyguard.

At the moment I'm thinking Rasputina and the Wendigo to paralyse and eat things. The acolytes can be her ice mirrors and she can give out frozen heart and armour +2 if needed.

If anyone can see a better course then feel free to illuminate me.

Without upgrades, I would lean away from Sandeep. He has a lot of utility, but your crew would benefit more from his upgrades, and his summoning is only on his upgrades.

Ramos has his summoning built in, so he can play into Reconnoiter while the rest of your crew works the schemes and reduces opposing model count.

Rasputina's Ice Mirror network is interesting, but I don't know how well it performs without some of her upgrades and a crew that's more focused on it.

I actually think not having Sandeep's summons for a week wouldn't hurt you too bad. His card is pretty strong on its own and the crew can still benefit from having access to all his cast actions. Personally, I don't know that I'd hire Ox Mages into a Shifting Loyalties campaign. The need for all their upgrades (2SS each to buy) gets a bit rough overall. 

9 hours ago, Mrbedlam said:

I actually think not having Sandeep's summons for a week wouldn't hurt you too bad. His card is pretty strong on its own and the crew can still benefit from having access to all his cast actions. Personally, I don't know that I'd hire Ox Mages into a Shifting Loyalties campaign. The need for all their upgrades (2SS each to buy) gets a bit rough overall. 

It would definitely help learn the Beacon stuff in isolation.

• Thanks 1