Hello! New Yan Lo/Kirai player!

Mateyo

Hey there! Just looking for a bit of advice. I really love the undead Asian aesthetic of Yan Lo/Ikiryo. I was wondering if it was possible to build competitive crews with them composed of mostly "Asian" models? I don't mind supplementing them with a few characters here or there they may need. Just wondering if this was a possibility. Also it seems like there would be some synergy from mixing the Yan Lo/Kirai crews. Can anyone offer some input on that? Thank you!

image.jpeg

On 6.07.2017 at 7:48 AM, Mateyo said:

I was wondering if it was possible to build competitive crews with them composed of mostly "Asian" models? I don't mind supplementing them with a few characters here or there they may need.

Yes, it's possible. There are some threads here on both Kirai and Yan Lo, I would recommend checking them out.

On 6.07.2017 at 7:48 AM, Mateyo said:

Also it seems like there would be some synergy from mixing the Yan Lo/Kirai crews.

Do you mean their crew boxes? If yes, then I am not so sure. Yan Lo can hire Onryo from Kirai's box, and that's all. Kirai don't need Ashigaru and probably don't need Chiaki. The model that is frequently used in both Kirai's and Yan Lo's crew is Izamu the Armor.

I'm not sure how much crossover you will see in Kirai and Yan Lo. You could run Yan Lo with a lot of spirits and that would work. Kirai really like spirits.

As for 'asian' themed models:

• Goryo would be good for both.
  • Toshiro can help both, although more so Yan Lo. Can help bolster your forces late if you take the upgrade so he can summon
  • Izamu is good with both.
  • Yin is good, though doesn't necessarily synergize with Kirai.
  • Dastue Ba is very good and works well with both masters. Be sure to have Seishin on hand. She also summons Gaki and Onryo on kills with a trigger
  • Punk Zombies don't really work well with either, but could work with Yan Lo. They are typically seen as too expensive to buy - better for summoning
  • Jakuna Ubume doesn't really have any particular use for either master, but isn't horrible if you want an 'asian' themed Lure model
  • Shikome - good models for both masters (though a bit squishy)
  • Gaki - not considered a great model, but cheap and useful as filler if needed
  • Onryo - not considered great models, but the 0 upgrade helps them a bit

Non 'asian' themed models you might want to consider:

• Drowned - they are slow though, better if you have some way to push them a bit 
  • Shield Bearers (they turn into Spirits half way through their life, so can synergize with Kirai a bit - also just a good model)
  • Night Terrors - cheap spirits with flight