Outcast Misaki Go-To's

psychogeek123

Ronin work very well with her. They are good for 6ss generally, but then with Misaki they let you really double down on the no-charging she can bring to the table, they're good against armour (Misaki is not) and also she has great synergy with Seppuku:

Misaki can use your last stone to add a crow to her Bisento, at which point you are out of stones so a second one is added for free for the assassinate trigger, then she gets + to def flips until you decide to Seppuku the Ronin, and you can do it all over again.

Desperate Mercs have similar no-charge / add more soulstone abilities, but at 4ss (or even effectively 3ss with the careful positioning), I personally struggle to get much out of them.

9 hours ago, CapnBloodbeard said:

Okay, what am I not seeing here?  

Hodgepodge gives soulstones for kills. Misaki kills things. More specifically, Misaki can spend her last stone to get a crow, get second crow for not having any stones thus hitting her assassinate trigger, kill the target with assassinate and get back a stone. Repeat.

• Like 2

Any love for Sue? I've got the guy ordered for my TT-Misaki and general purpose mercenary duties.

I've had good experiences using stat5 models with :+fate to attack. Effective weak damage 3 is gold and there's a lot of utility on his card. At the very least he should be good pick against ressers *curses local meta*. Main reason he caught my eye as a Misaki pick is his card draw. Stalking Bisento Misaki discards a card on most turns. Sue draws a card every turn. Six card control hand is a good default to aspire to.

40 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

Any love for Sue? I've got the guy ordered for my TT-Misaki and general purpose mercenary duties.

I've had good experiences using stat5 models with :+fate to attack. Effective weak damage 3 is gold and there's a lot of utility on his card. At the very least he should be good pick against ressers *curses local meta*. Main reason he caught my eye as a Misaki pick is his card draw. Stalking Bisento Misaki discards a card on most turns. Sue draws a card every turn. Six card control hand is a good default to aspire to.

I've tried Hannah+Anna Lovelace in a recent game and drawing 8 cards each turn was hilarious

seeing as how Misaki operates separately from her team, the armored sisters might be fun to do. Added value, Hannah is a monster in melee, while Anna is no slouch at shooting, and both can use the "push enemy 4" away spell"

• Like 1

Having just tried Hodgepodge Emissary with Parker, he owns Claim Jump. 3 points just walking up and down the centerline dropping scheme markers.

His Hodgepodge Conflux :+fate to minions could be handy with the good minions that Misaki can bring. Jorogumo anyone?

4 hours ago, Freman said:

Having just tried Hodgepodge Effigy with Parker, he owns Claim Jump. 3 points just walking up and down the centerline dropping scheme markers.

His Hodgepodge Conflux :+fate to minions could be handy with the good minions that Misaki can bring. Jorogumo anyone?

Just so people don't go mixing up 11$ 4ss models with 40$ 10ss models, I do believe Freman is talking about Hodgepodge Emissary. Effigies are cute little dolls, Emissaries are big centrepiece models.

Emissary owns in general now. The in-built slow trigger on his spell is an extremely useful control tool

his trinkets are useful, too

I've seen people go "meh" about them, but both Regeneration on a utility piece and Companion on a beater are what makes you get points for gg2017 schemes

in addition, Misaki's conflix is just boss

Oiran is a good scheme runner at 5ss, with a useful lure and anti-charge mechanic

Ziko is a good 'runner due to Nimble and nice protection for your vulnerable gunline

but Df 4 means she will fold like paper to dedicated attacks

jorogumo are great-looking models, but Ml5, low mobility and 9ss cost are something that diverts me from using them, I'd prefer Wokou Raiders or even Ototo (though I hate the model) if you're ready to pay that much for a beater

torakage are expensive at 6ss, but good for disrupting positional schemes like Claim Jump due to being Agile and quite hard to kill with their df/wp of 6

I've gotten good use out of Torakage. Agile walk 6'' and scheme or agile walk 12'' and score/deny VP just standing in the right place. Ml5 1/3/5 isn't amazing but with innate +/+ they're actually quite decent damage dealers in an emergency. Ditch a card for defensive and that df6 holds a point fairly well. You are paying for their toolbox and at only six wounds they will die to random severes. There's cheaper schemers, cheaper moderate damage 3 dealers, cheaper df 6 models. But I like them.

Yamaziko is tricky. I love her but df4 wd8 takes a bit to manage. Cover and LOS block are her friends. Or you end up playing against WP targeting crew and suddenly she's your tank. Nimble makes for great scheming. 3/3:blast/4:blast makes for surprising damage potential. 12'' movement with 3'' engagement is useful for denying interference and interacts. Brace Yari is a real charge deterrent. I take her for nimble scheming and anything else I get out of her is a bonus.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

I've gotten good use out of Torakage. Agile walk 6'' and scheme or agile walk 12'' and score/deny VP just standing in the right place. Ml5 1/3/5 isn't amazing but with innate +/+ they're actually quite decent damage dealers in an emergency.

Yeah, being able to make damage cheatable to a Severe built-in from the :+fate really helps earn their points. 

I like torekage quite a bit. The plan with the jorgumo is to smoke and shadows them into place, but they are not key to what I want to do. I would just as likely bring a second torekage with me as a scheme runner then I have points left for my fire support. I am thinking about tailoring the crew to target specific models for death and kill them in one turn then move on. thinking about Hans or trapper for long range and perhaps a dead outlaw or other mid-cost ranged attacker.

This is probably not something you were looking for, but another take would be to go all Stalking Bisento with Misaki and add guns that don't randomize (ones that come to mind are merc McTavish and merc Anna Lovelace) to follow up on her charges. Maybe the Emissary instead of one of the mercs (probably Anna since Rush of Magic isn't a numbered condition).

Something like this might be fun 

PCz2QR7H2Uw.jpg