Advice on Crew Selection - Scheme Pool included

Chris Rivers

I have a game coming up with the following strategy/schemes:

Interference

Hunting Party, Exhaust, Public Demonstration, Detonate the Charges, Convict Labor

This game is against Gremlins with Somer, Ophelia, Ulix or Brewmaster.

I have all the Neverborn masters, which one would you use and what would you run with them?

FYI, we are using the Jan 17 errata.

I am thinking of a swampfiend Lilith.

Well, with that scheme pool my first instinct as a gremlin would be summoning Ulix or Som'er for interference, but with Hunting Party in the pool it's not the best idea.  If your opponent is smarter, it'll be Ophelia.  Brewmaster is a fun one to play, but in a game of Interference you're extremely unlikely to see him.  Ophelia is most likely what it'll be, I'd think.  Her crew is good at hunting party as well, she can help with Exhaust or Detonate.

Lilith is probably a good bet for that potential crew, since she can make terrain and help block line of sight.  Waldgeists as well.  Plus they're strong enough to hold a position on the board without getting removed easily, so you could deploy them in the table quarters you need and then just leave them there (for the most part) and hold it that way.

IF your opponent brings Ulix or Som'er, it's to summon in an attempt to hold interference.  If that's the case, 100% take Hunting Party and get 3 easy point.  Piglets and Bayou Gremlins are not difficult to kill, so that's scoring you Hunting Party and stopping them from scoring Interference.

Lilith is always a good choice - and swampfiend is best for holding terrain.
Dreamer is also never a bad option for interferance - even after errata it's still easy to fill board with insidious madnesses - fast and not that easy to kill. 

I would also consider Jackob Lynch. Deplated are very good at tarpitting/scoring for interference and also costly to remove by opponent, Huggy's 3" range, and Obey are good for denying, Illuminated are, well - Illuminated. Tough, hard hitting, and it's easy to score Public Demonstration with them or at least bluff it.

3 hours ago, tuktuken said:

Lilith is always a good choice - and swampfiend is best for holding terrain.
Dreamer is also never a bad option for interferance - even after errata it's still easy to fill board with insidious madnesses - fast and not that easy to kill. 

I would also consider Jackob Lynch. Deplated are very good at tarpitting/scoring for interference and also costly to remove by opponent, Huggy's 3" range, and Obey are good for denying, Illuminated are, well - Illuminated. Tough, hard hitting, and it's easy to score Public Demonstration with them or at least bluff it.

My initial thoughts was Lilith and swampfiends plus the cherub.  How many enforcers/henchmen do you normally bring for Hunting Party?  

Usually I do not bring anything special just for Hunting Party, but my standard with Lilith is Nekima + Graves + Doppleganger.

Doppleganger is almost auto include in my list, no matter what S&S I play, and I really like to have Nekima on table as independant killer and threat that is hard to remove and even harder to ignore - but it's just a matter of taste ;)

Lucius with Graves, a doppleganger and two austringers might be an option? The dopple could copy graves for big damage or the austringers to reliably hit models on low wounds and score HP. The austringers should make detonate the charges trivial and still be decent at keeping out of harms way (Lucius can trade places with them if things get dodgy).