Guild McMourning Crew Box equivalent?

yanlosbeard

Hi all.

I was wondering what you would consider to be a good 'crew box' for Guild McMourning (to play in introductory games)?

If I start with his 'Body Of Evidence' set, then I need to replace the Flesh Construct and Canine Remains (because they cannot be taken in Guild). But with what?

I was thinking maybe a Witchling Stalker and an Exorcist? But they total 12 points, rather than 10. Having said that, the models in my new 'box' would still only total 31 stones, and there are plenty of other official crew boxes which weigh at that price point.

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Crew box isn't exactly a fixed point cost meant to be able to play against each others so I wouldn't sweat it about a few points. I think 35ss is about right to play crew boxes so that some boxes can fill out on upgrades and others can get a few models more. 

The list sounds like a fun little combobox for McMourning. A lot of McMourning lists include a witchlinh stalker to be able to use the nurses heals and then remove paralyze but it might be a boring gimmick in such small games so your suggestions might be better.

I think you can go a lot of ways but the Guild part of the two-player starter box also seems like a useful addition to Guild McMourning, even if only for the thematic aspect  but visually that does look very cool and this obviously matters in starting games. The synergy itself isn't massive but you do end up with a very aggressive and hard hitting crew.

If you want to introduce the game to a new player, you probably want to limit the number of models with different rules. Thus, it would be a better idea to spam the same models. I might even go as far as dropping the Nurses, because they are rather nasty, and just take 4 Guild Guard or 3 Death Marshals or something. Something stronger might be an option as well if you aren't intending to play the "crewbox" yourself, but I still wouldn't recommend taking two different models to replace the undead pieces.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

In theory I think that the Executioners, while not 'good' models, make a good match for McMourning thematically - looking like the composite of science and flesh. I like the thought of an Executioner/Nurse pairing, too - Uppers to move them in faster, then Hallucinogens to make them really deadly in close combat.