Show of Filth

Skitt_Happens

A couple of really dirty tricks have occurred to me regarding Show of Force:

Yan Lo + Soul Porter + Sensei Yu. Fairly sure this works - simply put, soul Porter gives chi to Sensei Yu who then copies Yan Lo to change Chi into ascendant upgrades, which count for Show of Force. Fairly sure it's also more effort than it's worth.

McCabe + Terracotta Warrior. Not sure about this one - Terracotta Warrior uses Ancient Treasures on McCabe. Nothing says you have to attach a different upgrade, so you could discard Glowing Saber and attach... a new Glowing Saber. That didn't start the game attached to a master, so would count when handed out to another model. This feels very wrong! Whether it should actually be done I feel is incredibly dubious if you want to make friends, but the theory interests me.

Anyone have any thoughts on these (or similar)?

I've heard talk of the Sensei Yu trick but not specifically for Show of Force, but yeah to me it seems like a lot of effort. The Soul Porter isn't exactly a durable melee presence, I think once your opponent works out what you're doing you're looking at a death sentence on the Soul Porter, so you've probably got 2 chi max on Sensei Yu. Still, an Incorporeal or Impossible to Wound Sensei Yu seems really nasty, and if you can get the 3 chi on him, Humpo Assault seems very good for him.

For McCabe + Terracotta Warrior, I tried something similar yesterday. I think it's a really silly trick for Show of Force but I think it works ruleswise, although you could potentially make the argument that the new upgrade began its stint in the game attached to a Master, which I think would be a somewhat legit if slightly odd interpretation of the rules backed up more by the fact that being able to swap McCabe's upgrades for the same upgrade is a ridiculous trick.

What I did was to start with one Strangemetal Shirt, throw it away, and turn another upgrade on him into a Strangemetal Shirt, repeat and by turn 2 he had three strangemetal shirts and Promises. Terracotta Warriors with McCabe are really silly.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Skitt_Happens said:

Ah no. Just reread Ancient Treasures: "attach a different upgrade..." you would have to cycle through upgrades.

Well, you could always swap an Elixir for a Sword turn 1 and then it won't be an upgrade that started attached to a master at the start of the game. And Sword isn't a rare upgrade, so if it's not on McCabe you can give your crew 4 Swords in total given the other swords are on other units at the time of swapping.