Snow Storm Upgrades

Fictor

Hi dudes!

What do you think about that? Snow it's a must include miniature in Raspi crew, and I never can get good configuration of upgrades...

My better list is... (for order):

1 Imbuyed protection (IP)

2 Imbuyed Energies (IE)

3 Warding Runes (WR)

4 Armor of December (AD)

5 Sub Zero (SZ)

I usually use IP + WR, or IP + IE

Best regards.

I don't think this ranking list has much sense. Eg. Sub Zero is next to useless if your only minion is the mighty Wendigo, but if you have 4-5 minions, it can jam melee lists pretty well. Similarly, I don't think it's always worth to up the already respectable Df6 of an expensive SS user to Df7. To each his own.

Another upgrade I'd consider from time to time is Killswitch, because the post-mortem 4+2 wounds is something even Papa Loco would approve.

1 hour ago, angyi said:

Another upgrade I'd consider from time to time is Killswitch, because the post-mortem 4+2 wounds is something even Papa Loco would approve.

Interesting, I've never seen much attention at all given to this upgrade. Presumably you run it with some decoy upgrades elsewhere in the list? Is there anyone else you commonly use as a holder of Killswitch, or the decoy(s)?

@hydranixx I only tried Killswitch with Snow Storm, and only a few times. To be honest, I don't remember who I put Decoys on, I sort of wanted my opponent to know that Snow Storm will deal 4+2 damage in the area if killed. I think it's a good tool on a fast, bulletproof, 3' Ml range model that you can send in the middle of a group of enemy models if need be. Go kill me and 2-3 of your own minions too, or wait until I kill my own Snow Storm with the same effect. Can be a situational thing, but generally I like to pose threats to my opponent that he can't afford to ignore, and this is one of the kind for sure. On Snow Storm, at least. Otherwise I don't value Killswitch too high, either.

• Like 2