Want to start resurrectionist, playing mostly against dreamer/misaki/lilith/shenlong

ChirpOTK

Hi, I currently play guild, but I think I'd really like resurrectionists. I was planning on getting into the faction, but I wanted to ask around a bit first.

My opponents in my play group currently tend do very strong degenerate things like put 20 more points on the table turn 1, or charge me from half a table away with pushes and flying. I want to sort of tech against them as best I can.

But the biggest thing is that I want to do crazy flashy degenerate things too! I play guild and the most degenerate thing I have is an austringer that I hate the feel of :P

Seamus can summon, he's just limited to Belles.  He was my first Resser, and then I picked up Kirai.  I haven't used her yet, but from my understanding, she's more of a traditional summoner with spirits.  Also, she's better at the crazy thing in that her big angry other half comes out from across the board when she needs to.

Seamus can summon Belles or Dead Doxies. If you get Seamus his models are useful for many other masters, especially Molly who is a summoner. Molly can play well with either horrors or spirits (giving either black blood, so Lilith can get mad at you), and Kirai is a spirit master. So Seamus > Molly > Kirai could be a good way to go with masters, picking up good models inbetween.

Some good models include

• Izamu, who is a powerful and tanky melee who doesn't let his enemies escape his engagement easily, he is a spirit and i think he goes very well with McMourning.
  • Shikome, spirits that fly over and rip people up and excel against poisoned targets, which Kirai's ghosts can spread or you can use your McMourning stuff to spread.
  • Anna Lovelace, a nice lady that prevents enemy models from ending push or placement effects within 8 and has a ranged attack that doesn't randomize into melee with minimum 3 damage.

I personally started the game with many matches of McMourning vs Dreamer and i don't think its too bad a matchup since McMourning can turn all those weak little nightmares into flesh constructs or canine remains. Seamus is a good choice though because his rotten Belles will help against many different types of enemies and Sybelle is a very solid henchman, so after him you can easily branch into any other master and use his crew box.

16 minutes ago, aquenaton said:

If you wanted to play a heavy summoner, you should know that all of them require you to buy many more models to have a larger pool of options.

In ressers, Nicodem, Kirai and Molly are the "big summoners", even as the others have their ways to bring more people to the fight.

Kirai is usually considered one of the best masters in the game, so may be a good change from Lucius ;) but you will find out that the onyros arent particularly outstanding, and her box is a bit small. You will need many more models before having a cool list. As you say, Datsue Ba, Izamu and Shikome are good with her, but I would also try to grab a Gaki box because you can summon them easily. As you will play a spirit focused game, you should remember that they do not have hard to wound as many ressers, but rely on incorporeal to survive. It gives you grat mobility and is bigger than armor in many cases, but beware! cast actions will destroy your people really fast!

:P You followed me from the guild forum! Thanks! lol

Adding Gaki to the list because they look AWESOME

The Emissary is great. It has a good attack and with Kirai's upgrade on, will benefit from Adversary like the rest of her Spirit crew. Emissary is handy for Seamus too because the shards are blocking, therefore can be a teleport point for Seamus so if your opponent is hanging in the open with no cover or scheme markers close by for him to jump and shoot from then the Emissary can make one for him. Very useful. The Mindless Zombie generated will provide either a summoning resource (for both Seamus and Kirai) or an escape route for Seamus. 

On 10/24/2016 at 9:28 AM, ChirpOTK said:

I think I'm leaning towards Kirai, or Seamus. I do already have McMourning, but he's not exactly what I'm going for, and Seamus I like, but I think I want to summon.

Blowing away austringer #1 on turn 1 and austringer #2 on turn 2 with Seamus feels good.

On 10/24/2016 at 9:21 AM, ChirpOTK said:

Hi, I currently play guild, but I think I'd really like resurrectionists. I was planning on getting into the faction, but I wanted to ask around a bit first.

My opponents in my play group currently tend do very strong degenerate things like put 20 more points on the table turn 1, or charge me from half a table away with pushes and flying. I want to sort of tech against them as best I can.

But the biggest thing is that I want to do crazy flashy degenerate things too! I play guild and the most degenerate thing I have is an austringer that I hate the feel of :P

You might like Tara or Molly when they Killjoy and/or Bete bomb.