Merris Lacroix cannot light friendlies on fire?

HellecticMojo

Question

6 answers to this question

5 hours ago, SunTsu said:

Beware that, if you shoot in an engagement, after randomization you will than ignore target restrictions, meaning that you can potentially hurt also friendly model.

You don't ignore all restrictions from what I can tell. You specifically ignore range and LoS.

Page 50 of the small online rulebook states: 

"When firing into an engagement it is possible to hit targets that aren’t technically

within LoS or range to the Attacker, or to even hit models that aren’t engaged (but

are within 2” of the target model). Cover is determined as normal."

Maybe I have missed some part of the faq that specifically states that you ignore all targeting restrictions?

8 hours ago, Ludvig said:

You don't ignore all restrictions from what I can tell. You specifically ignore range and LoS.

Page 50 of the small online rulebook states: 

"When firing into an engagement it is possible to hit targets that aren’t technically

within LoS or range to the Attacker, or to even hit models that aren’t engaged (but

are within 2” of the target model). Cover is determined as normal."

Maybe I have missed some part of the faq that specifically states that you ignore all targeting restrictions?

Mmmmm.... So if you in this scenario randomize on a friendly model you don't perform the attack???

I was under the impression that the targetting step was just at the very beginning of the declaring action and that after targetting restriction simply doeasn't kick in... Am I wrong?

1 hour ago, SunTsu said:

Mmmmm.... So if you in this scenario randomize on a friendly model you don't perform the attack???

I was under the impression that the targetting step was just at the very beginning of the declaring action and that after targetting restriction simply doeasn't kick in... Am I wrong?

I'm not 100% sure what happens unfortunately. Might be that you have wasted the ap probably. I know you can't declare the attack against a friendly at least. The base rules never really incorporated a fail state I think.