Event/Tournaments??

KuVenet

So, at my local shop last night the question was raised, "why dont we run any tournaments at the shop?" we normally pick up games and that is about it. So I got to thinking, how would a tournament be ran for malifaux? Is there a document or something that can be referenced or a PDF that could be downloaded? 

For me it seems like there would be a degree of difficulty in doing a tournament as, you have to get the mission, get crews, then pick schemes and such. So how do they work? Someone have a reference I can read or something? 

Please If you all dont mind. I would like your personal feed back on pros and cons of running a tournament and such. Trying to convince the Store Owner to let us do one, but he wants details and nitty gritty.

On the resources page is the Organized Play link.    http://www.wyrd-games.net/resources

For normal game of Malifaux follow the Gaining Grounds 2016 documents.   There are other Alternate Tournaments Formats that are fun.  Like Henchman Hardcore and Enforcer Brawl.

For the Normal Malifaux Tournament, In a nut shell,  the Deployment, Strategy  are set before the event and Scheme pool is decided before each round.   The game time includes the building of the crew. The player chooses a single faction before the event.   With Deployment/Strategy announce before, the player may have a idea what crew they want and will adjust a few models when the scheme pool is announced.    The recommended time is 1 hr 45 mins per round.   I think 2 hrs a round is better.  It allows for a 15 min crew build time.

Because of my lower player base, I run Henchman Hardcore tournaments.. I run it as 45min round instead of 30min.  It is a quick tournament that lasts only about 3 hours. My players have fun with it.  Don't let the work Hardcore scare you. 

If you have a henchman at your store, they could run a get a Event kit for the tournment.   If you don't, you can apply to be one here. http://www.wyrd-games.net/henchman

Here's a link to the Resources Page which has Wyrd's organized play documents: Gaining Grounds 2016

http://www.wyrd-games.net/resources

If you have a local Henchman there is additional information and prize kit support. You can also look at the henchman listing to see if there is one nearby who might be willing to run something for you. But you don't need an official Henchman to run an event. Word just offers some additional support options, and the availability of someone versed in the game if you do. 

yeah I looked on the henchman finder thing, we dont have any listed in the entire state of Tennessee, unless i somehow missed it. So you are saying that only henchmen can get any sort of prize support or whatever(not that I personally am all that concerned about it) for an event?

Yes.   Only Henchman can get the Event Kits.  These include the Mystery Boxes, Certificates, and Guilders (Poker Chips) that can be used the upcoming Guilder Store.    If you are going to run a Tournament or two at the store or you are actively running events/Demos.     I would submit to become a Henchman. Its not hard work and you get access to the Event Kits, Limit Edition models.  and even some previews of upcoming models. 

http://www.wyrd-games.net/henchman

Hopefully see you in the Henchman Forums soon.