Interested in Gremlins, need a comparison

Velcro

Hello tiny green peoples! So I'm getting into Malifaux in a BIG way! I haven't played any real games yet but I already bought 3 master box sets. However, I haven't grabbed Gremlins yet because I'm curious about their play style. Which box set would you say most closely resembles the insanity, hilarity, and complete disregard for each other's well being like old school WHFB Orcs & Goblins?

There are few absolutely over the top crazy things like the WHFB Greenskins or Skaven had...well, I mean, if a huge walking and facesmashing Whiskeybarrel next to a catapult wich can lob exploding piglets is not crazy enough. ?

If it's not enough, add Gremlin Cavalry on Pigs and roosters for good measure :P

The perceived crazyness, in my opinions, comes from many little things, like being able to damage your own models to get more Actionpoints (mostly Somer's Crew Box) or getting insane Damage with Dumb Luck, hurting yourself in the process (strong theme in Ophelias Box). Also, both of these rules would play a little bit of the "complete disregard for each other's life" theme you mentioned.

Wong's Box is also filled with crazyness-from absolutely unreliable wizards to a Gremlin Wrestler, it's filled with insanity.

Also, the Brewmaster, especially the Moon Shinobis, who change plusflips to minusflips and the other way round...just imagine a drunken Gremlin, that could win a Fistfight against a huge meeleoriantated enemy henchman, but on the next turn getting wrecked by an enemy Gunman-Minion or something

So, it's difficult to say. There is no "absolutely craziest box" for the gremlins.

But I would suggest Ophelia laCroix- after all, they also have Pere Ravage added to the "regular" gremlin insanity-  Pere blows everyone (includin him)  to pieces with explosive Pigs

6 hours ago, Blacks85 said:

I'm afraid is not that crazy...the style of greemlin!

Probably, the most crazy one is Wong with its explosions and blast everywhere...together with its Lightning bugs that also do crazy things

But it's not something like fanatic, doomdiver or squigg ! :D

Not sure I agree with this completely Blacks85, Gremlin's (the entire faction) definitely has a self destructive, high risk, high reward play style that is very reminiscent of the GW WHFB Orcs and Goblins. What I would offer is that thankfully we have access to a lot of good methods of mitigating that potential so it doesn't have to be as noticeable.

7 hours ago, Velcro said:

Hello tiny green peoples! So I'm getting into Malifaux in a BIG way! I haven't played any real games yet but I already bought 3 master box sets. However, I haven't grabbed Gremlins yet because I'm curious about their play style. Which box set would you say most closely resembles the insanity, hilarity, and complete disregard for each other's well being like old school WHFB Orcs & Goblins?

I would wager you would find the most enjoyment in a Som'er Teeth Jones crew. It has a lot of the features you desire, insanity (crazy damage potential), hilarity (he has access to an action called Pull My Finger, Rock To The Head, and Git Y'er Bro, while the Gremlin's can access Ya'll Watch This), and complete disregard for each others well being (the cheaper staples usually have to declare a trigger with their attack actions and more than a few of those are damaging to either the model using them or models around them). The biggest downside is the higher cost of entry for him.

You will probably enjoy the Pigapult as well and no one feeds the machine or squeezes out all of its potential like Som'er with Lenny.

5 hours ago, Velcro said:

Alrighty then, looks like Som'er Teeth will be the box I get. Thanks for the help guys :)

Fair warning about Som'er, he really isn't a single crew box purchase. At the least you are going to want a box of Piglets (both Som'er and Lenny can summon them) and a Slop Hauler (the healing really helps). I might also recommend another box of Bayou Gremlin's, a Hog Whisperer, and Pigapult. That will cover you for a while. After that Ophelia and Ulix are natural compliments.