Alternate to, or conversion of, Brass Arachnid

Poa

Hi!

I just bought the Ramos-box, and like everyone else the idea of getting the Brass Arachnid onto a 30 mm base seems daunting. I've been thinking about using a Steam Arachnid with slight conversions to act as a brass one instead (and paint to up to be brass instead of silvery-metal). Have any of you guys done conversions or alternates of the Brass Arachnid? I would love to see!

If you're willing to look at non-Wyrd miniatures, Guild Ball has three nice Arcanist related models:

- Mainspring (the mascot of the Engineers Guild) as a substitute Brass Arachnid. 

- Hoist and/or Pin Vice as substitute Coryphees or mannequins.

- Colossus as substitute steamborg (Disclaimer:  I dislike Colossus, but it's a simpler and studier model compared to Mr. Tentacle Nightmare.)

• Like 1

I cut and reset the mid joints of two legs to make them reach the edge of the base.

BrassArachnid_zps7kzykfi6.jpg

It's still an annoying model as five of the legs stick out all over the place. I use magnetic transport so I'm not really afraid of it breaking, but I have to like puzzle it and surrounding models onto the steel tray.

• Like 1