Please help me troll

shahryar

Okay so our store started a new league based around some special rules in shifting loyalties.

I am a week behind and most people are essentially out for blood, or basically being cheap as they can be.

Originally I was going to play outcasts since I am learning them but when i learned how the game is played there were no outcast armies I could build at henchman only level that wouldnt be shooting myself in the foot later(especially taking eventual injuries into account)

When I learned how it works(kind of a blood bowl/ mordheim style) I realized my options were to play a system that will inevitablly not be really fun for me, or just not play at all. Hell even our henchman is basically making the cheapest list possible thanks to buying extra stuff with scrip.

Anyways i did the best I could I made a list consisting of 4 bayous, a slop hauler and lenny lead by trixiebelle, figuring I will eventually(if i get enough scrip) get either somer or mah tucket.

pig chucking was usefull hell the two summoned pigs were the stars of the game(sadly dont own ulix and cant afford)

All in all I lost but I honestly had more fun just being annoying as I possibly can, and there is no way I can even catch up as I cant play every weak so I will always be a weak or two behind. 

So my options right now are just dont go to the game store for two months till we get back to normal games, or B make a Gremlin army as gremlins were made to be played.....to be annoying freaking pains in the arse.

The masters i own are ophelia, mah tucket, somer, and wong, I dont really own anything outside of their stuff aside from some mercs and piglets.

So please help me to be annoying

I don't think you can 'troll' with what you have and that's kinda a lame approach to a league anyways, however, you can build a better crew though.

Out of the models you have, Francois is a much better Henchman to start with who can do massive dmg. Add Lenny & Bayous from the Somer Box and a Lightning Bug from the Wong box for some healing and to ignore armor (although slop haulers would be better here as LB healing works better with Somer). From there add Ophelia, Rami, and Raphael. Lenny + healing is what turns the gremlin gunline up to punch much higher than their point costs.

• Like 1

I'm new(er) to gremlins, but when my LGS does campaigns it's the lowest SS Army +5 or what ever the players agree on. that being said it sounds like you have all the fixings for a decent crew. 

you also get bonus Script and SS cache for being at a lower campaign rating, which i believe does go above and beyond the max of 7. you'll have to check on that.

but if you feel like winning is just not in the cards, I have messed with my friends and made it a personal goal to cause  as many injuries in their crew as possible. especially on Nekima. but first and foremost..... It's all in good fun.

6 hours ago, D6Damager said:

I don't think you can 'troll' with what you have and that's kinda a lame approach to a league anyways, however, you can build a better crew though.

Out of the models you have, Francois is a much better Henchman to start with who can do massive dmg. Add Lenny & Bayous from the Somer Box and a Lightning Bug from the Wong box for some healing and to ignore armor (although slop haulers would be better here as LB healing works better with Somer). From there add Ophelia, Rami, and Raphael. Lenny + healing is what turns the gremlin gunline up to punch much higher than their point costs.

I otherwise agree but I wouldn't take Francois as a leader for the campaign specifically since he tends to die a lot. Trixie is a good leader (the only one better is McTavish, IMO) but I would take Francois on board ASAP as a damage dealer (or Schemer - he can do anything, really).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JudgeDread said:

out of curiosity what list is you Henchmen running that seems cheap? 

I am not sure what special add on things or upgrades he has but  Hannah, Lazarus, void wretch, kill joy, and a freikorps librarian. Right now everyone in the game are gunning for hannah because if she gets another injury she is gone.

Basically my match versus my friend was the list I mentioned above versus 2 wicked dolls, 2 stitched together, vasalisa and widow weaver.

I only killed one stitched and one wicked.

I spent most of the game running the bayous higgledee piggledeeall over i wasnt even playing the game, this week we got to pick an extra scheme(I chose plant evidence) and we get 2 scrip for every vp from it. so I just ran around placing scheme markers and not dieing. lenny the slop hauler and trixiebelle just kept running away from everyone while lenny lobbed artillery pigs, hell it made me wish I owned ulix because the two summoned pigs were the bane of my friends existence. But yea it is why I was kind of leaning to somer because expendable gremlin swarm sounded funny.

and really in this case when i say be annoying I mostly mean running around not dieing, I know bayous are squishy and die easily but having them all over the place and just kind of playing keep away

Honestly if I wanted to really piss people off I would just play my main jackdaw, the few times I have brought him out i am generally being cursed at.

The problem is I cant play next week which means that the week after next I will still only have 7 scrip to work with an masters are 15.