Neverborn Lucius

bertmac

There's a thread in a similar vein here which you might find helpful.

He gets access to certain things in Neverborn (like the Illuminated) that make some of his abilities more useful and enable different build, which is fun. He's also a bit easier to build for than in Guild because you don't want to cram in Henchman so much and being able to port over Guardsmen can be a bit better than mimics, mostly because more of them are minions and cheap.

He has more competition in Neverborn as a support Master from the likes of Collodi and The Dreamer although no direct schemer competing with him like McMourning does. 

All in all I'd say I enjoy playing Lucius more in Neverborn at the moment and there are some scheme pools where he's a reasonably attractive option. They're typically the ones where you need to interact a lot with your opponent's models and they don't benefit much from killing you. 

EDIT: And you'd better change the Lucius in your "Masters played" section to pure red until you get a purple game in with him, damn it!

7 hours ago, bertmac said:

Many people played with him?

I tried hard with guild but didn't do so well! Thinking tough minions like illuminated may have more success!

Haven't played him but just got my hands on the Lynch kit so I'll be joining you shortly. 

Primordial magic, illuminated, a doppleganger, maybe a beckoner seems like a solid start for him in most games.

Keep us posted!

10 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

There's a thread in a similar vein here which you might find helpful.

He gets access to certain things in Neverborn (like the Illuminated) that make some of his abilities more useful and enable different build, which is fun. He's also a bit easier to build for than in Guild because you don't want to cram in Henchman so much and being able to port over Guardsmen can be a bit better than mimics, mostly because more of them are minions and cheap.

He has more competition in Neverborn as a support Master from the likes of Collodi and The Dreamer although no direct schemer competing with him like McMourning does. 

All in all I'd say I enjoy playing Lucius more in Neverborn at the moment and there are some scheme pools where he's a reasonably attractive option. They're typically the ones where you need to interact a lot with your opponent's models and they don't benefit much from killing you. 

EDIT: And you'd better change the Lucius in your "Masters played" section to pure red until you get a purple game in with him, damn it!

Ha. I have played one game as NB a while back and wemt with dashel, 2x riflemen and a lawyer along with teddy a tot and a doppleganger. Want to move away from the dashel/riflemen combo as just picked up some perry miniatures to use as mounted guardsmen.

• Like 1

Haven't played with Lucius cos I am still painting him up so this is all based on theory. 

Lot of competition for those four guild models though. I feel like you need to take a lawyer so you can more easily pass AP to Illuminated. So then you have three slots, obvious options to me seem to be Riflemen, Pathfinder (so you can summon traps for Devils Deal) and Wardens. Or a second lawyer. All of those things seem really useful, and yet you can only ever bring four.

Not a big fan of Dashel (or Queeg for that matter) since it seems like you want as many Minions as you can bring. Even though both of those do have synergy. 

In terms of things to take from Neverborn. Illuminated are an absolute must have.  

No models yet, but I think both corrupted hounds and changeling's should be good with Lucius.