Gaming Tiles - RPG Aids

MR TORGUE

Don't you think Wyrd would be onto a killer product if they released gaming tiles in the form of wasteland, quarantine zone, star theatre etc... Much in a similar way to games like pathfinder, descent and Iron Kingdoms. 

I honestly think it would bring a really nice polished touch to the game? thoughts?

They did and they apparently didn't sell well enough to justify continuing the product line (despite the Terraclips Building set selling very well with the RPG crowds). The Terraclips line was almost exactly what you are asking for. You can still find the Terraclips Dungeon Rise sets in some brick and mortar stores, but honestly the Terraclips Buildings and Streets sets are a better fit (good luck finding them, ebay is your best bet but they command a premium).

I really wish the line was renewed with some new packaging and marketing strategies. I will save you the boredom of repeating my (and others) suggestion for improving and renewing the Terraclips line.

• Like 1

The trouble with the terraclips stuff was that they were ill suited for the miniatures game.  They were expensive, didn't come with enough tiles or clips to make a full 3' board, and took far too long to set up.  Though, now that the RPG is out, I wouldn't mind seeing them return; perhaps with a few tweaks to make them more suitable for actual play.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, GummyGator said:

The trouble with the terraclips stuff was that they were ill suited for the miniatures game.  They were expensive, didn't come with enough tiles or clips to make a full 3' board, and took far too long to set up.  Though, now that the RPG is out, I wouldn't mind seeing them return; perhaps with a few tweaks to make them more suitable for actual play.

Disagree with the cost complaint, you really do get a lot for the price which isn't much above the single structure plastcraft Malifaux specific buildings.

As far as making a full table with a single box set, well that is one of the issues with not having a base mat available to build up from and instead having to use a sets tiles to achieve this). Think about Legos, they are sold in specific sets that can build the structure as presented or be added to other structure sets to build different or more compicated structures. Legos can be set up on a seperate floor tile or just left as is. The Terraclips Buildings of Malifaux set was similar. The Streets and Sewers sets both had to utilize the included tiles to form the bases for the rest of the structures. These are part of the changes I would strongly recommend should Wyrd decide to re-release the Terraclips line (and of course include the damn connectors with the set). As for structures taking to long to set up, well again look at Legos, each set comes with instructions for assembling the structure as presented, Terraclips did not. Instead each Terraclips set was like grabbing a "big box" of general legos where you could build all kinds of stuff but nothing specific.

As an owner of 11 sets of Terraclips (Yes I loved the product line and would gladly spend more money on them if re-released) I have a set of standard "blue prints" that I start from and building structures doesn't take that long. Now that the RPG is in full swing and the decision has been made to cross pollinate the RPG with the TTG, perhaps Terraclips will re-emerge as the themed structure sets that many of us were calling for years ago (would absolutely love to see a Terraclips version of the World Works Games Wild West set, minus the need for base tiles!!!).