sillybrian

I just picked up a brand new Children of December box set as one of my first armies.  Just getting into the game.

I love the models, but the Wendigo really really bothers me... the Wendigo itself looks great, but the random dude getting mauled is... well its not bad, but it just isn't what I want on the table when I'm moving him around.  It looks out of place on a gameboard, to me...  especially if there are no Guild folks running around.

Anybody have any pictures or suggestions for Wendigo conversions?  I've found a way to do the left foot that I'm pretty happy with but I can't seem to figure out how to get his left hand.  I'm not very good at sculpting, and I haven't had much luck trying to mold/cast his right hand and swap the thumb.  The fingers are so tiny that the casting resin just doesn't fill the tiny mold very well, even with air vents.

Anybody have suggestions or ideas?

I had the exact same issue with the Wendigo mini. It took me a while to figure out what to do, and it wasn't until after converting it, I started using it in games.

I chopped off the Guild guy's thigh, shaved it a bit, and attached a branch from a Citadel Wood I had. Then a bit of green stuff to even things out, and to sculpt the missing hand. It's hardly the best sculpted hand ever (it's a bit on the big side), but it works fine.

tumblr_o7p3a9loy91qe6qybo1_1280.jpg

• Like 6