How many Mannequins is too many?

melkore

A friend of mine picked up the Performers and Mannequins box to hire the Performers outside of the faction.  He gave me the spare Mannequins since he doesn't play Arcaninst.

I now have 4 Mannequins, outside of summoning them with Mech Rider or taking them to make sure every Showgirl has a Mannequin, what are some cool things I can do with them?  I haven't played anything out of the Colette box yet and it all seems much more finesse focused than the rest of the faction.

Well just by comparison to other 4ss models, they are actually quite capable in combat. They have a slightly above average damage track and the benefit of a Ca that is resisted by WP so it gets around a lot of defensive abilities and incorporeal models. Both of it's triggers are amazing and one of them is even built in.

I find them to be reasonably survivable with something like bleeding edge tech since they usually only take 1 damage at a time. Otherwise i'm not sure there is too many tricks with them outside of a Colette list.

Unfortunately though, it is a insignificant peon so spamming them can take away from your ability to score points. 

39 minutes ago, Jordon said:

I find them to be reasonably survivable with something like bleeding edge tech since they usually only take 1 damage at a time. Otherwise i'm not sure there is too many tricks with them outside of a Colette list.

Bleeding Edge Tech only give Regeneration to Minions, Mannequins are Peons.

8 minutes ago, Bengt said:

Bleeding Edge Tech only give Regeneration to Minions, Mannequins are Peons.

51 minutes ago, Jordon said:

it is a insignificant peon so spamming them can take away from your ability to score points. 

I don't see the problem with either of these points :P

But I do think Mannequins are kind of funny.  I guess you could use them to block LoS to things or just be in the way sometimes, but I don't know that they are models that exactly allow any shocking tricks.  And using them as mobile Scheme Markers for Showgirls hardly seems worth it for 4ss.

1 minute ago, Tawg said:

but I don't know that they are models that exactly allow any shocking tricks

Magician's Assistant allow other models to spam Scheme markers and/or get them into hard to reach places, it can make Detonate the charges and similar schemes a lot easier.

Just now, Bengt said:

Magician's Assistant allow other models to spam Scheme markers and/or get them into hard to reach places, it can make Detonate the charges and similar schemes a lot easier.

Ah yeah, it's sweet, for sure.  But it doesn't require taking multiple Mannequins, right?  Can't you achieve similar results with one or two, as you could with say, four?

I guess, unless you really split your forces up, but then I feel like you're just heading for a land of hurt with Showgirls.  They aren't exactly made for brawling.

Just now, Tawg said:

Ah yeah, it's sweet, for sure.  But it doesn't require taking multiple Mannequins, right?  Can't you achieve similar results with one or two, as you could with say, four?

I guess, unless you really split your forces up, but then I feel like you're just heading for a land of hurt with Showgirls.  They aren't exactly made for brawling.

I just meant that that ability can be a "shocking" trick if someone hasn't seen it used before :). I agree that there isn't much reason to take more than one or maybe two.

One has done the trick for me thus far. With the ability to push around and chase Showgirls, one can be where it needs to be with careful positioning. I've gotten plenty of use out of their Slow though, just haven't had a situation where I felt I could spend another 4 soulstones on a second mannequin when there were other options to be had.