Augmented Invested

Druso

Hi!

I have a some doubts with a character picking Augmented Pursuit if he/she is a Invested (for all of you who don´t have Into The Steam, is a Construct Fated). I mean, Augmented Pursuit is about the idea of becoming more like a construct steap by step, going further mechanical things and forgetting your human parts (both methaforical and literally) so who can it be done with an Invested...because it is already a construct!

As far I imagine, Invested can be from three different tipes:

-Brain in a can.

-Really powerful soulstone in a can.

-Bizarre mix of flesh&metal, maybe like Ryle or the sort of things that Leveticus likes. (I think on it because with some numbers, your Fated can be both Human and Construct).

So that is it, any help about how to imagine an Augmented Invested? the only thing I can think is in the third option but it´s a correct way?

• 2 weeks later...

Invested seem to be more along the lines of:

Magical panther with an awakened humanlike soul

Creepy living magical voodoo doll

Water elemental with glowing bubble eyes that clomps along in a big kettle

Steampunk robot with a huge soulstone heart that has been imbued with a sophisticated consciousness

Enchanted armoire with a mirror that shows a human face (anyone who's looked into it) and moves around on it's four lionpaw legs on the run from the little girl who once owned it.

I think things like the brain in a jar or flesh and metal hybrids, things with human souls that were once human, or parts of humans, are something else (Stitched is the term)--at least from what I gather from what gets said in Breachside Chat #5. 

Those are some really weird constructs.  @___@

The enchanted armoire sounds fun!

That being said, the Breach Side Chat videos were speculation on the game system before it was properly designed and playtested, so don't take them as any sort of canon on what the game can do, but rather just original theory of design.

Specifically, Into the Steam (and thus, the rules for Invested characters) was written by a completely different design team (hello there!), and we moved things back towards "soulstone-powered machines and robots and constructs" and away from "magically sentient pool of gasoline," which was... well, weird and out of place in Malifaux.

Hi there. Yeah I'm only recently discovering how out of the loop I've been. I figured most of the stuff I was using as research materials for my game were pretty up to date. Turns out not so much. Heh.

Into the Steam does look really fun, as does Under Quarantine. Neither have made their way to our local gamestore yet, but I'm hoping to order them both here soon if they don't turn up on their own.

That said, hopefully things nowadays aren't too un-weird, considering Malifaux is a setting known for killer sock puppets, gremlin hillbillies, zombie hookers and giant om-nom teddy bears.

• Like 1