Ulix and co.

wobbly_goggy

So after a number of years playing Gremlins with Somer Teeth, I dipped my toe into the muddy waters of piggy-gremlin fun, and this is the result. 
It's missing my lovely old-version Pigapult because it's back in the UK and I am currently not.
Am I a pro painter? No. 
But I am pretty pleased that I've finally completed another crew, hurrah! (and I can nudge my 'gremlins' section on my painting tracker up a bit...

IMG_0877.JPG

• Like 6

5 hours ago, wolpertinger_press said:

Looks great! I also recently began playing with Ulix. Changes everything, since I'm used to Ophelia and her kooky cousins. Do you like the different style of play?

It's taking some getting used to! I've switched from 'summon as many gremlins as possible' to 'summon as many pigs as possible', but Ulix has so many tricks and subtleties.
My main problems at the moment are:
- constructs/armour (I always seem to get Reckoning against Ramos...)
-Finding a use for Pig Sling (apart from against Marcus)

You have any fun tricks or tips?
And show us your toys! (in case you haven't already, I suck at forums)

May I recommend a few things for any future photos:

1) use a different background, the white seems to be washing out your colors.

2) narrow your focus so there isn't so much background visible to confuse the light meter.

What you have there looks good but I dont think your photo is doing it justice. Would love to see the Boars and Warpig a bit closer.

8 hours ago, Omenbringer said:

May I recommend a few things for any future photos:

1) use a different background, the white seems to be washing out your colors.

2) narrow your focus so there isn't so much background visible to confuse the light meter.

What you have there looks good but I dont think your photo is doing it justice. Would love to see the Boars and Warpig a bit closer.

Cool, thanks! Any recommendations for background colour?
I didn't use a camera, it's just on an old iphone, but I'll have a bash.
The warpig might come out shiny, as my old metal models have rather a lot of varnish on them, as I am clumsy and tend to drop them a lot...

On 4/28/2016 at 3:43 AM, wobbly_goggy said:

Cool, thanks! Any recommendations for background colour?
I didn't use a camera, it's just on an old iphone, but I'll have a bash.
The warpig might come out shiny, as my old metal models have rather a lot of varnish on them, as I am clumsy and tend to drop them a lot...

The blue you used above should work well enough though I might go with a brownish grey to better match your color palette.

The Ulix picture is a much better result, might want to creep a bit closer to really pull in those edges. Ideally the model should nearly touch each edge of the frame, that will help the camera with focusing and metering consistently. Great work on the whites (the beard in particular) and the stone.

9 minutes ago, Omenbringer said:

The blue you used above should work well enough though I might go with a brownish grey to better match your color palette.

The Ulix picture is a much better result, might want to creep a bit closer to really pull in those edges. Ideally the model should nearly touch each edge of the frame, that will help the camera with focusing and metering consistently. Great work on the whites (the beard in particular) and the stone.

Thanks! Amazing what you can achieve with a microfibre towel and an old iPhone:lol:
Also, its supposed to be a tree stump. Ah well!