survivors

izikial

hi greenies

has anyone tried the survivors out yet, I havnt seen much chatter on them but they seem decent all-round, I get that there expensive (for gremlin rank and file) but they have some counter elements

scrap to give ressers less food

no charges to hamper neverborn or other melee builds

and they have some good master synergies

sommer/wong. Good first wave groups and with htk they can take 2 shots from these blasters

zoraider. She can obey them into position early to shut down scheme runners or block lanes

brewmaster. They can give poison, I know its on the precious crows but you don't pick what you flip, and brewies neg flips make there mi 5 decent

Ophelia can use them as mid range skirmishers, fire support then tie enemies up also a great hooch lighter target for young lacroix

mah. Nah makes mi better and these guys shoot with mi meaning she can buff them early game as harassers' and the later game as brawler, there armor and htk mean you have more time to get chores for on death effects or self sac

ulix .... Erm, I got nothing

thoughts? Anyone tried them? Do they ask to much? Is there no room in your list for them?

I tried them once and they got cut off by a pathfinder's trap so I didn't really get a chance to try them properly, but I wasn't suuuuper impressed with what thry did manage.

I think the big thing that puts people off (other than them having no model) is that they cost 5 stones so they're competing with Slop Haulers and Lightning Bugs, which are two of the best models in faction.

• Like 1

I think they try to do too many things without being really good in any of them. They aren't durable enough, shooty enough, or hitty enough, really. The Aura, while nice in theory, is really small for what it is and it requires a suit. Not a fan.

And I fully agree with Dogmantra - Slop Haulers or Lightning Bugs just leave these fellows completely in the dust.

Yeah I totally agree with Dogmantra; when i saw a gremlin at 5ss I was curious due to slop haulers and bugs being so awesome for the same cost - after reading through their cards though i was a little let down to be honest.. I'm sure they'll have their place with some further playtime but currently i'm all about lightning bugs :D

Looking at them a little more, 2/4/5 is a pretty nasty damage track for a 5 stone model, Mancha Roja's is only 2/5/6 and he's twice the cost (although he more than makes up for it of course).

But four wounds! Only four! And you're going to be sucking them up to use Reckless. I guess they would be ok with a Slop Hauler or Bug to heal them up a bit, but still... It almost makes me wish they were Enforcers so you could put Dirty Cheater on them.

What I see there role as is counter to there cost, I see them as first wave units to speed bump and allow your main force to schemes and lay down fire, but for a 5ss modle that is kinda costly for what you get

however they are near identical to rail workers (who see play) but they swap discards for + flips on attack and damage, to insted gain a ranged value, as I say I can see them taking the place of bushwakers in a mah crew if you don't want more roosters as you can have mi 6 range 9 gremlins with 2/4/5 damage who can close ranks and be adequate melee fighters

16 minutes ago, Dogmantra said:

Looking at them a little more, 2/4/5 is a pretty nasty damage track for a 5 stone model, Mancha Roja's is only 2/5/6 and he's twice the cost (although he more than makes up for it of course).

But four wounds! Only four! And you're going to be sucking them up to use Reckless. I guess they would be ok with a Slop Hauler or Bug to heal them up a bit, but still... It almost makes me wish they were Enforcers so you could put Dirty Cheater on them.

maybe standing them near Lenny would be good - effectively making them Armor 2.  Green Metal Gamin! 

• Like 1