Can you declare Df triggers for Disengagement strikes?

MrDeathTrout

Question

Can the defender declare triggers in a disengagement strike?  For example Collodi declares he is taking a walk that will leave the engagement range of an enemy.  Collodi failed the duel and declares the Run Away Home trigger on his Df.  And pushes 3" out of the engagement.

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes, the defender can declare triggers.  Since the Disengagement rules only say the attacker cannot declare triggers.  But I've been wrong before, so want to check see if I was missing something.

Df (M) Run Away Home: After resolving, push this model up to 3" in any direction.

Disengaging
If a model wishes to leave an enemy model's engagement range with a Walk Action, it must declare that it wishes to do so before moving. This may provoke a disengaging strike from the enemy model that the moving model is engaged with. Only Walk Actions provoke disengaging strikes, any other type of move or push will not.
To resolve a disengaging strike, the enemy models that are engaged with the moving model may choose to take a free Attack Action with any one Close (y) Attack which the disengaging model is within range of.
If the Attack hits, the disengaging model may not perform the Walk Action, although it must still spend the required AP. A disengaging strike deals no damage, has no other effect, and may not declare any Triggers.

5 answers to this question