Line of Sight & Whoops, Ricochet trigger

Guildenstern

Question

Had a situation tonight which confused me and an opponent regarding a Bayou Gremlin's Whoops, Ricochet trigger going off. I read that models can see in any direction at any time. The Gremlin in question was within LOS to 3 friendly models, depending on how you say he was facing. Obviously he's shooting a particular direction - is that what you use to determine what model is in LOS for the Whoops, Ricochet? Or are any of the three models fair game? (Two were beside him, one a little above, one a little below, with Somer quite far above him, call it North, but still within range.)

For purposes of our intro game I thought the most logical course was for Somer to be the friendly target, as he was in the direction I'd been trying ot get the Gremlin to fire. But I wanted to see how it is supposed to actually play out for future reference.

Thanks in advance for any help!

2 answers to this question

It's a lot simpler than that, there is no facing at all in Malifaux, models have 360 degree vision always. For Whoops Ricochet you pick the closest friendly model to your shooter.

If there was a model or piece of blocking terrain between the shooter and closest friendly model that would block line of sight and the damage would hit the next closest model.

• Like 1