Lead Adventure Pigs

thecapopriest

I got these pigs from Lead Adventures that I'm going to use as Piglets for my Ulix crew. I'm really happy with the quality of the Miniatures and would buy from them again.

The minis are one piece so no assembly required and they took minimal effort to clean.

I love the expressions of these pigs, they have a lot of character and they where fun to paint.

P4070224_zps51gn5oae.jpg

P4070226_zpsunjvijru.jpg

P4070228_zpsyr9amdyj.jpg

P4070230_zpshwp4v34q.jpg

P4070243_zpsh04uzm3z.jpg

P4070245_zpso9sfharl.jpg

P4070247_zps5tzbejpp.jpg

P4070249_zpsgi0pmekw.jpg

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, Goopy said:

More power to you for using cool models and proxies. I feel that this would be better posted on a blog or on Facebook rather than Wyrd official forums though. Just food for thought.

Wyrd have historically been accepting of other minis being mentioned on their boards even as proxies. They are awesome like that. I believe this stems from the confidence that they have in their own models - they know that they are selling quality stuff so aren't afraid of the competition.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Goopy said:

More power to you for using cool models and proxies. I feel that this would be better posted on a blog or on Facebook rather than Wyrd official forums though. Just food for thought.

I would like to make it clear that I do not intend this post to be some kind of statement against Wyrd's official models, I love and own them as well. Just wanted to point out pigs I got purely for my Ulix summoning list that other Gremlin players might appreciate getting to augment their collections, not completely supplant it.

But if this does bother anyone that I am advocating another model companies range on Wyrds official forum just PM me and I will request that the mods delete this thread.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lead Adventure is one of my favorite boards that I like to visit and pick up tips (or models) from. Seriously fun group with a great archive of people's projects (Fallout boards for miles, for example). I wish I had the dough floating to pick up multiples of all of their Ratnik minis for some Post Apocalypse games. Maybe next years tax return.

Great paint jobs btw, it helps show those lovely pigs expressions and they fit in pretty nicely. Are you finding them to be properly in scale to the other Mali figures?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, enderwiggin said:

Lead Adventure is one of my favorite boards that I like to visit and pick up tips (or models) from. Seriously fun group with a great archive of people's projects (Fallout boards for miles, for example). I wish I had the dough floating to pick up multiples of all of their Ratnik minis for some Post Apocalypse games. Maybe next years tax return.

Great paint jobs btw, it helps show those lovely pigs expressions and they fit in pretty nicely. Are you finding them to be properly in scale to the other Mali figures?

Here is some comparison shots I just took.

P5030682_zps4nhoumzc.jpg

P5030678_zpsuxnzzuwb.jpg

P5030676_zpsdrcgirom.jpg

From left to right: Johanna, Lead Adventure Pig, Piglet that came with the Hog Whisperer, Bayou Gremlin, Piglet, Lead Adventure Pig with explosive, and LE Performer.

1 hour ago, TheLostOne said:

What's your recipe for pigskin? It looks great

I actually do the recipe for skin from the Khador book from Warmachine with just a couple of differences.

Base coat with Khardic Flesh, next mix it with Thornwood Green as the first layer of shading. The last layer of shading I mix Khardic Flesh and Skorne Red.

First highlight I do is Midlund Flesh and the last highlight I do Ryn Flesh.

The Lead Adventure pigs where airbrushed with that formula while the actual Piglets I did with a paint brush.

• Like 1