Mei Feng Summoning Crew

Furycat

Yes, you read correctly. A Mei Feng summoning crew!

Okay so actually it's Toshiro doing the summoning, but bear with me here. This came from a vague idea I had about making a summoning build around Toshiro, and then figuring which master it might work well with. Surprisingly, I figured that Mei Feng might work nicely, since Railworkers are good for this build, since they can drop either scrap or corpse markers, to summon Ashigaru or Komainu respectively, and she can railwalk off them. She can also use the Komainu as railwalk targets, and her totem, the Emberling, can generate scrap right from turn 1 to get Toshiro going on the summoning. See? All makes perfect sense.

Mei Feng - One Wings of Wind, Recalled Training, Seismic Claws

Emberling

Toshiro the Daimyo - Command the Graves

Chiaki the Niece - Pull of the Grave

Railworker x 2

Illuminated x 2

Mei Feng gets wings of wind since she otherwise lacks a useful (0), and pushing models around is always nice. Recalled training because, well, why wouldn't  you? And Seismic claws for the smackdown. The emberling is there to generate scrap, useful for both railwalks and for summoning Komainu.

Toshiro is present with his summoning upgrade naturally. He'll also be buffing the assorted minion swarm.

Chiaki compliments summoning Toshiro well. She's another ancestor to activate the baked in trigger suits on summoned Ashigaru and Komainu, plus she can remove the slow condition they arrive with when summoned and potentially also heal them 2 wounds. Further she's a great harasser of scheme runners with her (0) making them insignificant and doing a little damage, and if she builds Chi she has the option of passing it to Toshiro to make his (0) actions and his summons easier. Finally, with the pull of the grave upgrade she can further harass the enemy by giving out slow.

Railworkers are hard hitting, surprisingly tough, and drop either scrap or corpse markers when killed to drive Toshiro's summoning. He'll buff their already impressive hitting power, and Mei Feng can railwalk off them. Probably have Toshiro war fan one of them turn one to get further up the board for an early railwalk.

Illuminated are tough, hit hard (harder with Toshiro buffing them) and generally good all around. Making one fast can potentially allow it to shoot first, giving it's target brilliance, then charge in for Toshiro-buffed attacks at +2 damage. Tasty. Potentially replace them with Punk Zombies (thanks to Toshiro), on a very terrain heavy board (for their unimpeded), or else against swarm type crews (for slice and dice).

This leaves a cache of 5 stones, which should allow Toshiro to get suits he needs if the hand doesn't cooperate, for summoning.

Thoughts?

If you're really looking to emphasize a Toshiro Summoning list I would look at the following models:

Obsidian Oni (Shifting Loyalties). They drop scrap when they hit with the CA action that can shoot into melee. The trigger is built in.

Mechanized Porkchop (Shifting Loyalties): They drop a scrap after taking a walk once per turn. You can get two scrap in key positions on turn one without needing any resources.

I've done it before, I think it was likely a reconoiter game or something. It's pretty good, though it'll never hold up to a ramos or a nico. Not flexible enough, and without the extra AP you'll find yourself getting stuck in a "Do I move or do I summon" quagmire.

ENinja