baby kade

McLovinMcCheese

Not going to agree completely with you regarding Pandora's box not being good. More importantly though, if you want a proxy or are willing to convert a little, I would take a Terror Tot, shave off the 'growing wings' and 'growing horns' on the model, maybe scuplt the model so it holds a knife (Kade's weapon) in -only- one of it's hands. That and a slightly different painting scheme if you already have Terror Tots should do it. I think.

On 3/9/2016 at 6:38 AM, McLovinMcCheese said:

i i was wondering if any one has any way to get a proxy or just a way to get baby kade for neverborn as the box set with him in doesn't seem very good and not real interested in pandora or sorrows?

The Pandora box is quite good, I recommend just about every model in that box. Just worth buying it and using the baby kade.

1 hour ago, Sybarite said:

Candy is great, but I found Baby Kade can be hard to make work well. Any tips there?

I've not gotten the best out of him yet by any means but Lilitu helps I've found. She draws one enemy in with her lure and has a large engagement range, while not being terribly expensive. I prefer Kade to activate late, not so much due to manipulative as the fact that he has so few wounds he's safer when there are fewer models left to activate.

Kade really works best when he acts as a tag team with Teddy. His Df7 can make him stick a round a bit, especially if you give him Defensive, allowing Teddy some room to breath and get into position. Anyone who isn't familiar with the duo will be surprised when Teddy gets slingshotted up the board and into their faces with "Wheres My Teddy?"

7 minutes ago, Sybarite said:

Yeah I just found it's hard to use where's teddy effectively. Since it often leaves Kade in a bad position. But that's experience with them I guess

That has been my issue too. Plus, if I want to move Teddy I could use Mr Graves and only spend the 1AP on the action. He's slightly less scary than Kade, but more versatile too. I find myself picking Graves over Kade more often than not.

On ‎9‎.‎3‎.‎2016 at 1:38 PM, McLovinMcCheese said:

i i was wondering if any one has any way to get a proxy or just a way to get baby kade for neverborn as the box set with him in doesn't seem very good and not real interested in pandora or sorrows?

Toddler miniatures aren't all that common. Stonehaven has a dwarf toddler (and a dwarf girl and a dwarf boy) that could work. Adding a knife to it would be pretty trivial as the hand is in perfect position. And you could use the girl as a Candy proxy...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-NCa7ZWeRhHY/UvPnVcC9ypI/AAAAAAAAAMI/XGky5CrhRLI/s1600/IMG_1280.JPG

Another possibility, though pretty gruesome, would be the Hell Dorado aborted fetus in hell:

http://s125.photobucket.com/user/_jarhead/media/baby.jpg.html

How has nobody mentioned his old model:

Baby%20Kade.jpg

Should be easy enough to find on ebay if there's nowhere that has old stock near you.

Alternatively, harder to find, but the Jack the Ripper evil baby orphanage miniature was an official Baby Kade proxy (and Lizzie Borden gives you an official Candy proxy):

ebo_bonus_painted_04.jpg

• Like 1

The best models I have found paired up with Kade have been Pandora and Iggy oddly enough.  The reason is Martyr ability that both Pandora and Iggy have.  With his Defense 7 and the ability to possible pull off two damage of attacks against him, Kade will often surprise people by surviving to counter attack.  Thus have less to worry about him dying in a single charge unless it is something like a Vik or Langston and even then he might made it depending on how many attacks they are getting.  This trick tends to catch people by surprise and I have surprised several players before having Iggy pull damage off Pandora to help prevent them from getting a trigger that is after damaging too.  I think because Pandora and Iggy do not often use Martyr people tend to forget about it till they are reminded again.

• Like 1