So`mer Extension

CaerSidis

Okey then i have a longer question: I had understood "Biger Hat" that i can target one Miniature, win the WP Duel and my oponent has to discard his hand Cards.

My Oponent and another player ruled it, that i have to target Dreamer, because the leader lose the cards and so i can only target the Dreamer with this Attack.

So the next Round i targed Dreamer and now the player redirect the attack to a Minion and they both ruled that stil nothing happen with the Chards because the Dreamer ist stil not afected.

So are both exampels wrong? Can i target any target, win the Duel and Biger Hat gonna happen?

16 minutes ago, Adran said:

well he could, but since they share a hand, it doesn't really matter if the attack effect happens to a nearby nightmare rather than dreamer, he will still discard his whole hand. 

But the wording is actually "This model and the target enemy Leader model discard all cards" - I could see it argued that it fizzles since the target isn't a Leader.

At the time you check for targets, it was a leader. Just because the target got shifted after that stage it doesn't stop the effect happening. 

From the FAQ

8) Q: The Dreamer’s Safe In My Bed Trigger allows a Nightmare to suffer the effects of an Attack Action as if it had been the target. Does the Nightmare need to be a valid target of the Attack? Does the Dreamer still suffer the effects of the Attack? How does this work with Attack Triggers that cause more Actions such as Onslaught?
A: The Dreamer will not suffer the effects as the Nightmare is doing so instead. The Nightmare does not need to be a valid target of the Attack. If the Attack Triggers additional Attacks which must be made “against the same target” (such as with Onslaught) then the Nightmare will be the target of those Attacks. If the Nightmare is not a valid target for additional Attacks, they may not be made.

EDIT

You have to make the attack against Target Enemy Leader (in biggest hats case). . When you declare the action it must be against a valid target, so meeting any requirements of the attack, in range and line of sight (as required). 

If the defender has some ability to change the target, and it doesn't specify that they need to still be a legal target, then thats fine. If nothing causes the Target legality to be re-checked, you carry on with the duel.

The most common target redirection is randomisation into engagement, where it is stated that the new target does not need line of sight or  even be in range of the initial attack, it can still be a target. Abilities like Butterfly jump require the target requirements to check again, (although  because range and/or LOS may now fail). 

They were right with the first one. Biggest hat has to target an enemy leader.

I believe they were wrong with the second one, because Safe in my bed doesn't require re-checking targetting requirements. So as long as you targeted the dreamer, is doesn't matter if after the duel he moved it to a different model, they still suffer the effects of the attack. 

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...