Mancha Roja hardcore crew

Trample

I've decided to run Mancha Roja in a henchman hardcore series (all close, turf war, assassinate) and can't decide if I want Lenny or Trixie as a sidekick. We're probably looking at either:

Mancha w/ second gremlin & stilts

Trixie w/ a gun for a lady 

Slop Hauler 

Bayou Gremlin 

or 

Mancha w/ second gremlin & stilts

Lenny 

Slop Hauler 

Bayou Gremlin 

Trixie would spend most of her AP on gremlin lure early, pushing opponents away so MR is facing only one or two, hopefully debuffed by the slop hauler. The gremlin can focus and shoot those she's pushed. 

Lenny on the other hand would stand beside MR and whack stuff as well, but has the advantage of the bonus ram to ensure the second gremlin goes off every time. He'll also reduce damage by one. 

Which do you think would be better? I'm leaning toward Trixie, but if I go that way is the second gremlin really worth it? Perhaps I should go with Trixie and dump all the upgrades to change out my bayou gremlin for Raphael (or Burt). 

The first list with Trixie in the lead would IMO be the best option. I don't think that it's a good idea to launch your Leader into the middle of the enemy in Henchman Hardcore since Assassinate is often what decides who wins. Would dropping the Second Gremlin allow for this?

If you are on Mancha being the Leader, then I would still drop the Second Gremlin as I don't think it's really worth it. A Bayou Gremlin isn't very useful in the format so changing that to something else would be my number one priority. OTOH Stilts and the Gun are pretty golden so how would you feel about a second Slop Hauler? Or maybe a Lightning Bug? Even a Piglet might be an option (Trixie can launch it forward on the first turn) and then you could have Dirty Cheater on Mancha.

I ran a few games with a Mancha Roja crew.  I chose Trixie, Sammy Lacroix and a stuffed pig.   Gave Quality mash (the heal upgrade) to Trixie and that leaves one soul stone for an upgrade of your choice.   Hardcore henchmen team with 3 henchmen - seems right to me.

Sammy's ability to turn off triggers and prevent people moving is very strong.  I shut down and wiped out a Decembrist crew with this.  Trixie is completely OP for henchmen as initiative is so important plus she can go reckless and heal 3 times...  Her push and pull ability is great for control in the turf war area.  I feel these two just mess with the opposition.  Like Trixie puling Roja, slapping snowstorm and then having Roja smash him  - frozen heart did not help!  Or Sammy makes a model unable to walk and then Trixie pushes them out of the turf war range. 

They all have good defense and WP.  Your opponent will hate you.

The stuffed pig is filler, keep it alive for activate control or just charge it into their pack.  Old Cranky may be a choice but you'd lose some upgrades.  I want to try this at some point.

I agree with Math about having Trixie lead - If you're taking multiple Henchmen, I personally think that the one with the highest cache should be your priority to lead, because those extra couple of Soulstones are so precious. Of course the point about Trixie being further away also stands

Leny is very versatile, but i would throw in with Trixie here, too.

Lenny is a 2nd beatstick, and you may still do a lot, but it leaves me with the sense of too many eggs in one basket. to take full advantage of him he has to tag along too close to the others. This means vulnerability to blasts and popping out a Killjoy in the midst of this ensemble would be the stuff of comedy.