Hollow and does it negate pluse and auras or just damage?

Grim

I am a little bit confused with the wording of Hollow:

(O) Hollow: Until the start of this model's next Activation, friendly models within :aura5 are immune to damage dealt by :aura:pulse, and :blast effects.

My understanding that it only offers immunity to damage dealt by :aura and :pulse, not the effects of :aura and :pulse, am I correct? For example, Hollow does not negate Brewmaster's Drinking Contest's Wp duel before taking an Action or Pandora's Misery. Hollow does make friendly models immune to the damage caused by failing a Wp duel while within :aura6 of a model with Misery, am I correct?
Please help.

10) Q: Does being immune to damage caused by pulses make a model immune to the damage caused by

failing a Simple Duel, if the Simple Duel was generated by a pulse? A: Yes.

That's from the FAQ.  I don't see why "immune to damage caused by auras" would be treated differently.

Edit: 

But, the chain of events doesn't attribute the damage caused by Misery to the aura or pulse that caused the failed Wp duel.

Let's say we have the effect "Hypothetical Evil:  Models within :pulse5 must pass a Wp 12 duel or suffer 5 damage".

Hypothetical Evil is a pulse that causes a simple duel as described by the FAQ.  If a model in range of Misery fails the Wp duel, the model is going to suffer 5 damage (which Hollow would prevent) from the pulse and 1 damage from Misery.