Gremlin Gunline!

Spike0738

Hey all, 

So, I've played Arcanists my entire Malifaux career (lol), and I decided to dabble into a second faction, just to kinda expand on things and try something new. I don't plan on going crazy, but I do like the idea behind Ophelia and So'mer. I like the idea of crowding up the board with a nice gun line, since the Arcanists I play don't necessarily do that.

WIth that said, what kind of models would I need??? I picked up Nightmare Whiskey Golem and The Kin for Black Friday and I'm wondering what else I would need. I'm assuming lots of Bayou Gremlins, Bayou Buscwhackers and the Slop Haulers, but I'm not certain. 

Any type of advice would be great. Since I'm not looking to purchase the entire line of Gremlins, the most optimal I can be with So'mer and Ophelia, the better.

Lenny + Bayous gives you 3 point models that can double focus and have a 2 4 6 damage spread. It's not shabby, with 2 good cards or a little Two Card luck you can shoot down all kinds if things even in cover.

Lenny + Kin gives a similar thing just a liitle more controlled.

A little.

Edited by Doctor Borris

So far... 

I've gotten The Kin box, with a box of Bayou Gremlins and Bayou Bushwhackers... I'll be picking up The Bayou Boss box soon, to get Lenny and the extra Bayou Gremlins. I've also gotten Slop Hauler. 

I've heard Old Cranky is  good to use. Thoughts?

Edited by Spike0738

Honestly I prefer Som'er running a Bayou Gremlin Gun Line to Ophelia. She shines with the Kin but doesn't really do a whole lot for the non-kin gremlins. Between Lenny and Som'er the Bayou Gremlins will have guarantied access to their two best triggers, the already mentioned Dumb Luck and the also useful What If...More Powder?. Som'er also brings the ability to add more bayou Gremlin's via summoning as well as the useful Encouragement upgrade. Adding the Bayou Bushwhackers is nice as well since you get the better gun plus a sort of do over for missed Bayou Gremlin shots. This would be one of the few times I would recommend running two Slop Haulers in a crew.

Adding Old Cranky is worth a look for making the Gun Line more survivable, but I dont think he is completely necessary though.

Edited by Omenbringer

Honestly I prefer Som'er running a Bayou Gremlin Gun Line to Ophelia. She shines with the Kin but doesn't really do a whole lot for the non-kin gremlins. Between Lenny and Som'er the Bayou Gremlins will have guarantied access to their two best triggers, the already mentioned Dumb Luck and the also useful What If...More Powder?. Som'er also brings the ability to add more bayou Gremlin's via summoning as well as the useful Encouragement upgrade. Adding the Bayou Bushwhackers is nice as well since you get the better gun plus a sort of do over for missed Bayou Gremlin shots. This would be one of the few times I would recommend running two Slop Haulers in a crew.

Adding Old Cranky is worth a look for making the Gun Line more survivable, but I dont think he is completely necessary though.

Thanks for the input, I appreciate it. 

I definitely plan on using Som'er, as well as Ophelia... So I will definitely be trying your recommendations.