Levi and Scorpious

KrazyIvan

I'm a Levi player and as I flip through my Shifting Loyalties book I keep coming to The Scorpious. I love the art, and I am sure that I will love the sculpt whenever it becomes available. It's got a very "Levi" vibe to it. Unfortunately looking at the rules isn't inspiring me very much. It's attacks are interesting, but it seems awfully fragile for a HT3, 50mm model with DF5 and only 6 wounds. There are a lot of Enforcers+ that should be able to easily knock it out with 2AP.

Has anyone tried using The Scorpious with Levi? How did you use it, and how did it fair?

I don't think the Scorpius is particularly useful for Levy, because its best stuff all revolves around Poison.  The Outcasts have essentially no Poison, so the Scorpius would have to work as a stand alone model in a Levy crew. There also aren't many (any?) other constructs Levy can pull in along with the Scorpius that give out Poison to support it.

I haven't tried it yet, but I suspect there are better ways for Levy to spend the 6SS.  But I'd love to be proven wrong since the artwork is awesome!

I think that the model is plenty solid with some interesting triggers. My real issue is that it's a HT3 model on a 50mm base with only 6 wounds. I feel like it'll get shot to pieces before it can do anything because it can't hide behind much (cover, sure but that still equates to getting shot). It seems a bit flimsy for a model of that size.

I don't think the Scorpius is particularly useful for Levy, because its best stuff all revolves around Poison.  The Outcasts have essentially no Poison, so the Scorpius would have to work as a stand alone model in a Levy crew. There also aren't many (any?) other constructs Levy can pull in along with the Scorpius that give out Poison to support it.

I haven't tried it yet, but I suspect there are better ways for Levy to spend the 6SS.  But I'd love to be proven wrong since the artwork is awesome!

Leveticus has a solid poison arsenal. Wicked Dolls, that 3-beast necromancy thing, and a few others.

Nix can bring canine remains to a Leveticus Construct crew. Those get a 1 ap charge against poisoned enemies.

Plus those Merc Performers have a pretty impressive ability regarding poison. Both 10 thunders mercs also have poison. And don't forget, that the Mannequin is a construct (no poison, but works well with Performers), so there is some showgirl action too, if you go that route.

...The Outcasts have essentially no Poison...

Interesting thing, searched my beta files and at least there outcasts actually had zero poison- can anyone think of a native poisoner?

Had a thread on this already. We have no poison at all. That said, the blight seems to be unique to our faction.

• Like 1

I don't have my book in front of me, does it have terrifying?

To me it seems like a great model to make as the sucker as frame for murder--it's big, scary, and has the potential to do some serious damage if left unchecked, but it looks rather easy to put into the grave.

That's a good point. Don't know why I hadn't thought of that. Being on a such a huge base makes it look scarier than it is, and losing 6 points to score Frame For Murder is no big thing (particularly with all the summoning that Levi crews can bring).

• Like 1

Its a neat little 6ss model that he can take.  It's an anchor and looking at it, can function pretty well on its own on a flank, so perfect for games like Interference (that Levi is a go to Outcast pick).  I would equate it to a Hunter in its playstyle, but giving up the timing issues (a plus not having to care whether a model activated or not) but losing that sweet end of turn push (a negative).

I would use one instead of two Hunters, because as previously pointed out, its pretty darn awesome looking and has the smell of Levi about it!