psychogeek123

Since the avatars weren't balanced they are only part of campaigns and not "normal" games of malifaux. I guess that makes the people writing tacticas simply nor bother about it since I imagine they are competitive players. Might also be that very few people have had actual experience with them. 

The upgrade makes him actually able to use the triggers he was aiming for and thus makes him a lot less suit dependant. I don't imagine it being one of the more powerful ones but it does fix something often mentioned as a weakness so I like it.

• Like 1

In both Pre and Post Manifest he can treat two suits as if they were the other. Pre Manifest he basically gets 3 schemes instead of 2, but can only score 2 of them.Manifested he can stop models from attacking him and take controll of them if they fail a Wp Duel that he sets the TN for.

He also gets a pretty decent Melee attack that does more damage against Models which are engaged by an other friendly model.

As far as I'm concerned the Premanifestation is a lot better than the Manifested trait. I constantly have games where I made mistakes in scheme selection. But being able to go after 3 schemes instead of 2 is awesome.

Imagine revealing protect territory and then doing plant explosives. Well, you have The Judge as your bodyguard target as well. You don't get scheme markers as dropped as much as you'd like, but the Judge hasn't been targeted at all by turn 4. Reveal the Judge is your Bodyguard and you can likely get 3 points.

In both Pre and Post Manifest he can treat two suits as if they were the other. Pre Manifest he basically gets 3 schemes instead of 2, but can only score 2 of them.Manifested he can stop models from attacking him and take controll of them if they fail a Wp Duel that he sets the TN for.

He also gets a pretty decent Melee attack that does more damage against Models which are engaged by an other friendly model.

As far as I'm concerned the Premanifestation is a lot better than the Manifested trait. I constantly have games where I made mistakes in scheme selection. But being able to go after 3 schemes instead of 2 is awesome.

Imagine revealing protect territory and then doing plant explosives. Well, you have The Judge as your bodyguard target as well. You don't get scheme markers as dropped as much as you'd like, but the Judge hasn't been targeted at all by turn 4. Reveal the Judge is your Bodyguard and you can likely get 3 points.

What you're talking about, the 3 schemes item, is a Manifest Event. That means when he Manifests, you get to choose the scheme at that point and then it proceeds on from there. If you never Manifest, you never get to pick that third scheme. That means, aside from whatever resource/opportunity cost you spend to Manifest, Manifesting is superior to not doing so, as you get the suit swapping, 3rd scheme, and other items, as opposed to just suit swapping.

• Like 1

I would build the crew much the same. The attack is great, but I think the strong point is the suit swapping, allowing him to pull off the Governor's Authority trigger and What Lackeys are For with much greater ease, as well as getting the trigger you want more easily on Issue Command. Additionally, a minion-tastic crew gives you more flexibility in activations, allowing you to wrangle situations in which you can get off the +2 bonus on the stab more easily. He doesn't want to become a beater, per se, the attack feels more like it wants to be used selectively for that six damage spike. Very in character for him, really.

Or you can disregard that last part and go for the glory with the Hidden Weapons upgrade.

I would build the crew much the same. The attack is great, but I think the strong point is the suit swapping, allowing him to pull off the Governor's Authority trigger and What Lackeys are For with much greater ease, as well as getting the trigger you want more easily on Issue Command. Additionally, a minion-tastic crew gives you more flexibility in activations, allowing you to wrangle situations in which you can get off the +2 bonus on the stab more easily. He doesn't want to become a beater, per se, the attack feels more like it wants to be used selectively for that six damage spike. Very in character for him, really.

Or you can disregard that last part and go for the glory with the Hidden Weapons upgrade.

lol I always wanted to take hidden weapons but never seem to be able to justify it...