The Mother of all Models

cobalttheunicorn

So while I absolutely love the model, I have not found a use for my Spawn Mother. I keep telling myself I will try her out, but than whenever I get ready for a game she jsut doesn't seem like she is worth it. 

She doesn't seem that tanky, her attacks is not anything to write home about, and while I like the bonus from dying Swampfiends I don't find it would come up that frequently. Of course Gupps are amazing, but only laying one egg a turn, and needing a turn to hatch means realistically you get three eggs that hatch on turn four and maybe they can run scheme's on turn five.  Is that really worth the soulstone investment?

What do people think about one of the fishy mama?

Haven't played her but there's nothing wrong with summoning gupps on t4 from dying which should net you four gupps. The four of them can easily get you more or less any marker scheme in the game since they can move-leap t4 and then spend t5 interacting/moving leaping. With the right cards you can have one of them move 20" and interact once in those two turns. You could also do ALiTS with two of them in just that last turn as long as they were summoned t4. Even three gupps should net you a ton of scheme markers. Spending 9ss to complete both your schemes almost unoppossed isn't too shabby.

Her charge boosting action could also let you do all sorts of cool stuff with heavy-hitting models or let your schemers with leap get to jump around half the board. A waldgeist that can reach terrain can get a fantastic threat range when you boost their charge.

Yep she's personally my favorite henchmen and I'll run her with any master besides collodi who she competes with crows for. My whole reasoning is basically because she ensures you can score on any of the marker schemes as your scheme runners can't be taken off the board early in the game. And by the time they do show up your opponent likely won't be in position to do much about them and it's easy to get them in position with a walk and leap on turn 4.

Sure nothing on her card especially stands out but her attacks are good enough and her resiliency mostly goes up the more eggs you have out. What she's good at is scoring points and at the end of the game it doesn't matter how many models you've killed or still have on the table, it's about who scored more points.

• Like 1

Yep she's personally my favorite henchmen and I'll run her with any master besides collodi who she competes with crows for. My whole reasoning is basically because she ensures you can score on any of the marker schemes as your scheme runners can't be taken off the board early in the game. And by the time they do show up your opponent likely won't be in position to do much about them and it's easy to get them in position with a walk and leap on turn 4.

Sure nothing on her card especially stands out but her attacks are good enough and her resiliency mostly goes up the more eggs you have out. What she's good at is scoring points and at the end of the game it doesn't matter how many models you've killed or still have on the table, it's about who scored more points.

Do you find yourself lazying the eggs and hatching them on turn four so they can run on turn five, or do you generally lay four and than kill her youself so you have one more model to run the next turn