All Hallow's Eve (Night of the Carver Encouter)

Vlad

Question

So, I've read the rules and this Scenario looks like very fun to play! But, I've got some questions:

1) Can a master be the Leader of the Defender's crew or it must be a henchman?

2) Can the Defender attache Upgrades to the Carver (following the normal rules)?

3) What do you think, is the Defender stronger than other Players? And what are the chances to beat him?

4) What's about Dreamer as a Leader of the Defender's Crew? I think it will be too way powerful combo, and very tasty.

5) Can the Carver be used as a Leader for the Encouter's purposes?

9 answers to this question

So, I've read the rules and this Scenario looks like very fun to play! But, I've got some questions:

1) Can a master be the Leader of the Defender's crew or it must be a henchman?

2) Can the Defender attache Upgrades to the Carver (following the normal rules)?

3) What do you think, is the Defender stronger than other Players? And what are the chances to beat him?

4) What's about Dreamer as a Leader of the Defender's Crew? I think it will be too way powerful combo, and very tasty.

1) Masters can be hired into crews over 25 Soulstones, so you can have either a Master or a Henchmen leading the Defender's crew. Obviously, bringing a master will give a bit more of an advantage to the Defender than if they bring a Henchman, but that makes it a decent way to balance the difficulty of the strategy for players of varying skill levels.

2) Yes, following normal rules.

3) I'm curious to see how it plays out!

4) As with above, I'm curious to see how it plays out. The Defender has to keep the Carver alive to get Strategy VP, and the attackers just have to kill anything in the defender's crew to earn strategy VP, so it's weighted a bit towards the attackers in that sense, but the Defender starts with a more organized crew compared to the two attackers. Playtest games went both directions, so I'm interested to see how it turns out for other people. 

5) Sure! That's probably the more thematic way to go with it, and I think one of the more fun ways to play the scenario. It also makes the scenario a bit more difficult for the Defender, which is good if you want to have two less experienced players team up as the attackers against a more experienced player.

So, here we have such ways to set up this Encouter depending of the skill level of the Players:

Defender has:

1) 40 ss for hire, free Carver as a Leader;

2) 40 ss for hire, free Carver, free Henchman as a Leader;

3a) 40 ss for hire, free Carver, free Master as a Leader;

3b) 40 ss for hire, free Carver, free Dreamer as a Leader;

We will definitely play this Scenario in the future and see how it works.

I bought the carver because I thought it would be a new Neverborn model. Is there a free scenario for it or do I have to buy the adventure?

Ignore my question. It is in the back of the crossroad book.

Edited by amanwing
Just found it in th eback of the Crossroads book

5) Sure! That's probably the more thematic way to go with it, and I think one of the more fun ways to play the scenario. It also makes the scenario a bit more difficult for the Defender, which is good if you want to have two less experienced players team up as the attackers against a more experienced player.

That would be fun.  Especially if a Joker is flipped the Craver changes sides.