Does dreamer reactivate after unburying?

Slapdrone

Question

Just played a very frustrating game with against dreamer.  The player got dreamer to waking +4, brought LCB out, sacrificed him, unburied dreamer and activated him again all in the first turn.  Dreamer had eight actions total (6+2 shooting attacks from ranged expert) and two 0's.    That seems nuts.  I didn't want to argue with the guy, but I didn't see anything that said Dreamer reactivates when unburied if he's already activated in the turn.  Am I missing something?

7 answers to this question

Quite simply, no. The better question is why did your opponent think that the Dreamer does get reactivate. 

If the dreamer gets unburied as a result Lord Chompy Bits being killed, The Dreamer should have Slow on it.  That's specified in LCB's Dreamt ability.

What was the player's explanation for the Dreamer not gaining Slow?

Where are you getting LCB wad killed from? 

Quite simply, no. The better question is why did your opponent think that the Dreamer does get reactivate. 

If the dreamer gets unburied as a result Lord Chompy Bits being killed, The Dreamer should have Slow on it.  That's specified in LCB's Dreamt ability.

What was the player's explanation for the Dreamer not gaining Slow?

Where are you getting LCB wad killed from? 

From the sequence "brought LCB out, sacrificed him, unburied dreamer and activated him again all in the first turn".  Sacrifice Lord Bits, triggering Dreamt.

I forgot that Malifaux is one of those weird games where kill is actually a game term, while writing my response.  :P

Waking +4 turn one isn't easy, even with the upgrades to get waking from Sh attacks. Did he somehow have a target to shoot at without moving, or get moved into position by something else?

If Chompy used his 0 to sacrifice, the Dreamer would show back up without slow. However, unlike Lord Chompy Bits, the Dreamer was merely buried. The Dreamer that shows back up is the same Dreamer, meaning he would NOT get to activate again, since he already activated that turn.

• Like 1