Lets talk Robot Gremlins!

Doctor Borris

Well that sucks about the lack of constructs but has anyone else figured out any good wind-em-up targets?

I remembered last night that Bayou Gators have a (3) action that can cause paralysis. Sparks might make that easier to pull off although since I haven't used them, I'm not sure how valuable that action is. 

I remembered last night that Bayou Gators have a (3) action that can cause paralysis. Sparks might make that easier to pull off although since I haven't used them, I'm not sure how valuable that action is. 

It's extremely niche ability. Useful against undamaged Riders in the later turns (though how you get a Gator to survive that long, I have no idea) or some other truly unkillable things (fully boosted Yan Lo) but 99% of the time you're better off making three attacks. As a bonus it's Ml5 and requires a suit for the Paralyze.

• Like 1

Wind em up and Trixi can fling a model almost a foot up the table before they even activate in some cases.

Since activations seem to be a issue, would Zoraida help sparks? Hey Lazerus and mecha-Zoraida gives obeys and curses for days!

While powerful, this is really expensive to do and takes a lot of work to setup. You need a the mechanized porkchop dropping you scrap, Sparks needs a 6+ of tomes and another 6+ and Lazarus is expensive. Those 3 models are half your crew. 

Wind em up and Trixi can fling a model almost a foot up the table before they even activate in some cases.

Since activations seem to be a issue, would Zoraida help sparks? Hey Lazerus and mecha-Zoraida gives obeys and curses for days!

While powerful, this is really expensive to do and takes a lot of work to setup. You need a the mechanized porkchop dropping you scrap, Sparks needs a 6+ of tomes and another 6+ and Lazarus is expensive. Those 3 models are half your crew. 

I must respectfully disagree sir! Pigs drop scraps just doing their thing. Or when being obeyed.... 2 6s and tombs on a henchmen is pennies for what it accomplishes, and Laz firing 4 grenades and one mind control bullet seems worth the investment! Don't forget the beloved robot pig is a marvel of engineering and worth every pound! 

In serious though it looks like activations are not as limiting so I would recommend a Glowy Murder Laz with bonus Real Attachable Shoulder Lightning Cannon over Zoraida Laz.

If I have to take an out of faction model to make Sparks worth it, obviously he isn't, except in a Mei crew because she has access to better constructs than Gremlins. All this talk about Laz, now do the same with an Ice Golem, the Rail, Golem, Joss, Howard Langston etc...

Incorrect my good man! Consider the following conclusion:

Laz is pretty good. He has an accurate grenade launcher that can rapid shot, he has a potential 0 action clone attack,  and he is durable. With Lenny he has 3 armor and a potential push into position from Trixi.

With Sparks he can get fast and +1armor. This is decent BUT here my friend is where the pigs REALLY get loose from the pen...

The Amazing Wong turns this up to 11, bedazzles and delights! First Laz becomes glowy, and all damage he deals (unless I read this wrong) deals +1 damage, is magical, and scythes through defenses with the greatest of ease. Secondly when Wong is upgraded to a more mechanical disposition Laz can fire Lightning Dance which will benefit from Glowy for a staggering 5 range 12 attacks.

For the cost of Sparks, Laz, and a Mechanical Pig it certainly appears worth the cost! 

So far it seems like there are two groups on Sparks- The people who have decided they like him and are dedicated to trying to make him work for them and those who have decided they don't like him and are dedicated to proving he can't work. I try and be in the first party for any and all models until I play them for myself so all of these ideas are pretty great for when I eventually do get to it. I'm not sure what knocking down every idea someone has really adds to the conversation though.

I have tried him on the tabletop and he is miles better in a construct heavy crew which Arcanists can field much better construct crews than the best Gremlin construct list. Borris,mm for the same cost I can make the Pigapult list with Killjoy, which is more reliable than Sparks, Laz isnt the be all end all, hell McTavish is a better choice at 10 than Lazarus. All that work making sparks work and you can just saddle Lenny around with Gracie, it cheaper and has the same effectiveness.

• Like 1