Unboxing Malifaux - 'Crossroads Seven' Story Encounter

GMort

I'm using them in my Shifting Loyalties games here locally, Wrath is the leader in NB. So far have Wrath and Greed. The two work quite well together. I also see a lot of use for Envy in the right lists. Giving Collodi focus (in turn giving the majority of his crew focus) out of activation is quite strong I'd say.

Greed's ability to effect the entire crew (not just a single model) with her soulstone sucking attack and abilities is powerful. Seeing as though attacking low Wp models that you can either kill or force your enemy to get rid of ss is nice, since that results in effecting Henchman/Masters (and any other ss using models).

One thing that is nice about playing these in NB that I've learned is that Hooded Rider helps them quite a bit. Helps to move them up a good distance before they've activated, getting enemies in the bubble but also not removing Manipulative.

I'd say the biggest 'lessons' learned playing with these is you want something in your list that can force hand destruction (i've had success with the Insidious Madness). Seeing as their abilities are all about "discard a card or suffer 2dmg" if they don't have cards left, than well, it makes it easier to have these overlapping auras be unavoidable.

I think the box is quite good but each model will have its own unique corner case uses. I rate them in following order so far based on my experience, Lust, Greed, Envy, Wrath, Gluttony, Pride, Sloth. The end plan once I've used each a little here/there, will be to get them working in my Daw crew.

One annoying matchup for them is obviously to have to face-off against Daw himself, for obvious reasons!

So what's everyones opinion on each of them?

I kinda like envy. That damage spread on that range, with a focus for 0 is awesome.

Gluttony seems ok, not sold on the rest yet

If I had to rate them on general usefulness it'd probably be;

Lust and Greed near the top because of Lust's movement shenanigans and Greed's ability to get you soulstones.
Envy is next up because of his ability to give someone focus and his aura being placed on an enemy rather than on himself.

Wrath, Pride and Gluttony. These 3 each have a more specific use for them.
Wrath is a pretty good beatstick with his built in heal and ability to buff up Ml damage, as well as drawing attacks away from other models due to his aura that damages you if you don't damage him.
Pride is great for forcing making cheating cards really expensive. If you can get his anti-cheat aura in range of a summoner then he is well worth the 8-9ss to get him. Forcing them to discard a card or suffer damage, then if they did cheat fate they have to discard another card or suffer 3 damage.
Gluttony likes scheme-marker heavy games. Being able to just get rid of scheme markers as a (0) and giving out a condition that forces an enemy to take damage and get rid of whatever scheme marker was just placed.
Sloth is the only one I haven't found a good place for. His ability to put out slow and paralyze is nice, but I just can't figure out how to fit him into any crews.

Hey, did you have trouble putting together Ray (aka envy)?

Mine didn't want to slot together very well at all....

And I call him Ray, cause it reminds me of Ray Manzarek from The Doors

And I have just looked at your site, the funny thing is that I have also based mine using Cork, in a very very similar manner. Only way to get the buggers onto the bases :P

Edited by Rathpex

Hey, did you have trouble putting together Ray (aka envy)?

Mine didn't want to slot together very well at all....

And I call him Ray, cause it reminds me of Ray Manzarek from The Doors

And I have just looked at your site, the funny thing is that I have also based mine using Cork, in a very very similar manner. Only way to get the buggers onto the bases :P

I didn't have much issue with Envy but I dry fit everything first to make sure. May have had to do a little extra cleanup but not too bad.