Starting with Zoraida

meestho

I'd much rather take an extra bayou gremlin and summon the doll, one extra activation seems worth it to me.

Although I haven't been super impressed with it... I may end up taking Old Cranky with her more than dolly. Ofc if he dies, you can bring out a doll.

I'd much rather take an extra bayou gremlin and summon the doll, one extra activation seems worth it to me.

Although I haven't been super impressed with it... I may end up taking Old Cranky with her more than dolly. Ofc if he dies, you can bring out a doll.

o_O How can you not be impressed with the Doll? It is utterly bonkers! It's insanely killy and has a ridiculous Ca 7 and anything that gets Hemmed is completely doomed.

But I don't hire it either, since it's so very slow. It's better to Summon it (preferably on top of something very high so it can jump down for some extra damage when needed).

I'll probably go with Som'er because the gremlin summoning gimmick seems really fun. Just wondering how much use are bayou gremlins with Zoraida?

JN

Bayou Gremlins are golden with anyone, but you likely won't need more than two with Zoraida. Somer OTOH likes to have about eight.

Bayou Gremlins are golden with anyone, but you likely won't need more than two with Zoraida. Somer OTOH likes to have about eight.

...  of which he hires 3...  right?  Considered hiring 2, but not sure I like what that does to my efficiency.

Three is a good number for Somer. Four works as well. Two is a bit low, I think.

o_O How can you not be impressed with the Doll? It is utterly bonkers! It's insanely killy and has a ridiculous Ca 7 and anything that gets Hemmed is completely doomed.

But I don't hire it either, since it's so very slow. It's better to Summon it (preferably on top of something very high so it can jump down for some extra damage when needed).

Bear in mind I've not played too much zoraida, only playing her for the first time pretty recently because I wanted obeys for headhunter and didn't fancy brewie. I did summon it, but  I just didn't have the cards to guarantee a Hem, so it flailed around uselessly for a couple of turns. I think I go through cards a lot quicker than most seem to. I think I'd prefer it if it had a better Ml than 3, even if its damage track was cut to 0/1/2 or something similarly poor, a Ml 5 just to make the disengaging strikes at all threatening would help it a lot imo. And like... idk, but killing stuff isn't really something Gremlins have a problem with imo. Staying alive... now Old Cranky can do that for ya.

...  of which he hires 3...  right?  Considered hiring 2, but not sure I like what that does to my efficiency.

If you did want to only hire 2 in a summoning list, I'd probably move Som'er to a killy/trigger-granting role, and give Family Tree to Sammy, with a skeeter giving her masks, that way you can still fully utilise all 3 of Som'er's AP. Also since that skeeter gives you a guaranteed mask turn 1, you can have the bayous attack Som'er a bit and have him push into range for a nice focused turn 1 boomer while still summoning. Or you can go wild and do pig bowling but that is something that... I would not recommend in most situations.

Edited by Dogmantra