Favourite non-masters

Dogmantra

Just wondering what everyone's favourite non-master gremlin models are and why (talking to play with, not sculpts, although that's cool too, my favourite gremlin sculpt is Rami and my fave overall is the Malifaux Child).

My top three would be:

1. Moon Shinobis, even without poison I love them, and their damage tracks look weedy but hit pretty hard thanks to drunken gremlin kung fu. Most people tend to think of shooty crews when they're facing gremlins too, so a few of these bad boys can throw them for a loop. All that, AND they have a 2" melee range. The only thing not to love is that you have to be careful around...

2. Old Cranky. He's becoming my go-to totem on Mah, and I might have to bring him along on Som'er when I don't need skeeters. Him + Lenny + a slop hauler makes a bubble that is very hard to break. Plus he's a peon that's not insignificant, and has a pretty terrifying shotgun with minimum 4 damage on a crow trigger. Very good, I like him a lot. I just wish someone wouldn't keep trying to put him in a box.

3. Sammy LaCroix. I adore the idea that she can take a master-specific upgrade, although I'm not sure if she'd want any of Mah's, she can do the Som'er summoning thing and free him up to boomer everything. Probably good to stick a Brewie upgrade (maybe binge?) on, or something of Wong's or Ulix but whatever to those guys. Her melee isn't bad (especially if you get lucky for the severe flips), and a non-randomising ranged attack with a guaranteed 2 damage is nice to have even before the conditions, since I like to mob in melee a little too much. A very nice Df and Bayou Two Card round it off.

Honorable mention to Rami, who I like a lot. I love all the snipers, and I'm still looking for an excuse to buy Hans (hans on stilts might do it for me), but his kit isn't quite as interesting as the other three.

• Like 2

3. Sammy LaCroix. I adore the idea that she can take a master-specific upgrade, although I'm not sure if she'd want any of Mah's, she can do the Som'er summoning thing and free him up to boomer everything. Probably good to stick a Brewie upgrade (maybe binge?) on, or something of Wong's or Ulix but whatever to those guys. Her melee isn't bad (especially if you get lucky for the severe flips), and a non-randomising ranged attack with a guaranteed 2 damage is nice to have even before the conditions, since I like to mob in melee a little too much. A very nice Df and Bayou Two Card round it off.

Don't forget that you can use Ophelia's My Threatening Gun to get an extra shot out of Ophelia (that negative twist is nicely negated by her inherent positive). She is also perfect for carrying around Glowy for Wong so he can take Gremlin's Luck.

My favourite is Raphael. Crazy Fast, durable and shoots really, really hard. Usually ends up doing Schemes, though, for some weird reason.

Well, I have a lot of time for the below three. No real order.

1 - Bayou Gremlins. The bread and butter of the faction. For their cost, I doubt you'd be able to find other models that can do a little of everything as well as they can. More than anything, really solid objective models - be it for scheme markers, interacting or getting killed.

2 - Francois LaCroix. With Ophelia losing the ability to hand out rams (this was a trick of hers, back in the day), Francois is unique in that he comes with it baked in. Does a ton of damage, fighting way above his weight and much better sometimes than other more expensive beaters in the faction. A cost effective choice for removing enemy scheme runners too.

3 - Rooster Riders. Utter, utter bonkers. The only reason why we don't see more of these is the lack of any plastics. Once they are out, you should see them everywhere. They are a combination of the two above models and for their points, fight so well in hand to hand. A good go to model for Gremlin Zoraida.

I've been pretty impressed with piglets, too. The natural :-fate to attacks targeting it means it can be pretty annoying to remove. Giving a piglet reactivate from a hog whisperer and then tossing it with Lenny (you'll want to heal it after the reactivate poke obviously) can get it in their face *really* early.

I've been pretty impressed with piglets, too. The natural :-fate to attacks targeting it means it can be pretty annoying to remove. Giving a piglet reactivate from a hog whisperer and then tossing it with Lenny (you'll want to heal it after the reactivate poke obviously) can get it in their face *really* early.

Mate, even just having one parked in front of a model and Defensive Stancing all day is pure gold.

• Like 1

Mate, even just having one parked in front of a model and Defensive Stancing all day is pure gold.

haha definitely! Especially if the initial thing you tie up is something like a 10T archer with access to Blot the Sky :D

It was when the lesson of the power of negative flips finally set into my head.

Lenny for me is the pinnacle for this. He makes everything in the faction just work better.

Ophelia, Pushing her 10 inches whenever u need, giving her rams so she doesnt need to stone anything.

Somer, Giving him thinking luck also. In swarm somer lists making gremlins only take 1 wd for drunk and reckless instead of 2.

Brewmaster/trixie. For brewy he's a node for extra movement from his (0) push and give poison but u cant give conditions to lenny, so a free push really. Trixie in melee with lenny gives her the ram on her melee (of 7) to get someone to attack again.

Mah, gives her the ram on her aim for the sore spots upgrade so she doesnt need to stone to get the 1 ap charge.

Ulix, gives the ram to shot in the rear so u only need a 6, gives the ram to his melee attack so every pig in range gets to do a (1) attack action, gives the ram to sooey so all pigs pushed heal.

Zoraida, in my crews for her, lenny is more of a tank, so combined with the nurse he heals but doesnt get paralysed. 

Wong ive not had much experience with so i wont comment.

Pigapult. Giving lenny his ranged upgrade and saving tomes means the pigapult can also fire 24 inches the whole game. You just fire a couple of shots at the pigapult and trigger the piglet and bam, value town.

Lenny is kinda alright. He honestly feels like cheating when he's constantly giving rams to ophelia and ulix

it's negative twist is for SH attack actions

it's negative twist is for SH attack actions

Sorry, yeah, forgot to say against shooting attacks so it's really hard to prevent it from getting to a model to lock it down. Misspoke!