Fighting With Lilith

Diba

So often when browsing these forums I see comments along the line of, "omg take Lilith kill everything" and quite frankly I am confused. While the living blade has some good damage ratios and a solid trigger to boot, I just don't see her as the strait up killer she is made to be. Maybe it is because I play a lot of archaists but Lilith often can't 1 round even a metal gamin reliably, and even if you do you can not move where you need to be. Lilith does NOT want to be in the grind with her limited defense, so while her pulls and speed let her fight on her terms often I feel like getting bogged down with her is a poor decision.

So what do you all think? How do you approach fighting scenarios and scheme such as head hunter or reckoning with Lilith.. I am 100% a noob (maybe 7 games under my belt with Lilith) but what am I missing?

Also any advice on how to expand my crew would be appreciated. I already have 6 tots, cherub, prime magic, dopple, teddy, 2 waldergeists, barbaros, black blood shammy and Lilith so scheme running is certainly my focus atm. Should I get Nekima and the nephilim box to deal with the problem I am facing?

As Lilith is my favorite master, I certainly agree with your assessment. When I first started trying to play Lilith, I tried to play her has a big bruiser running around chopping up everyone with her sword. This is not how to use her best. She's mean with that sword, but it's her other tricks that work better.

First, I rarely take many standard Nephilim with her, other than a couple tots and Barbaros. I do like Lelu and Lilitu depending on the rest of the crew. Waldgeists are certainly fun and Teddy is definitely high on my list. Other Neverborn work very well with Lilith.

I once heard Lilith described as a "spider waiting in her web" and her strategy really clicked for me. Use Lure's and Pushes to send your enemies to Lilith. Lure them into Teddy for a free swing and a push to push him to a Tot and Lilith with her upgrade to pounce on. Bam, three free attacks for one Lure AP. Sure, this takes some setup, but with Tangle Shadows, Master of Malifaux and other various tricks gives you the entire toolbox to make this happen. Don't rush out to engage the enemy, use your abilities to grab the model you want to kill and send it into the middle of the web where Lilith is waiting.

I often end a game with multiple Lilith kills without ever actually spending an AP to swing her sword as a result of Wicked Blade.

Out of the past dozen or so games I cannot think of a single one where I charged, and only about one where the opponent got to her of their own volition. Nor do I take grow lists as I see them as a trap. I use her as a disruption for enemy forces.

My goto abilities are her Living Forest, Wicked Vines, Lure, and occasionally, but not always, her tangle Shadows. Most often used upgrades: Beckon Malifaux, Wicked Mistress, Wings of Darkness. She hits where I want, when I want, or screws the enemy up to the point they cannot support each other while the rest of my crew does the work.

Drop Cherub's Rise Up on Lilith (she is immune to hazardous terrain), use Lilith to Wicked Vines/Rooted target (1 damage), use Alluring Gaze from Wicked Mistress upgrade (3 damage, push target their charge toward her) end push in hazardous terrain (1/2/4 damage) within 1", take a free swing (+flip attack/damage, 2/3/5 damage)

That is Lilith's 2 AP ;) use 3rd as needed and laugh maniacally

Simply, Lillith can kill almost everything, but her real motto is "Divide and Conquer". I think she is "board control" master. As asrian says, she may isolate target from Opponent's Crew and hit target where you want, when you want. So, who is our real "killing" master? I choose Jacob Lynch.

Bought the Lilith crew box today and should have a set of beckoners soon as well. In terms of additional models, it's very much a mixed bag of other bits and pieces from other crew boxes. I've got illuminated from my Lynch set and a couple of lawyers from my Lucius set as well. Not entirely sure how I'm going to make all that work together but it should be interesting at least. >.>