Chronicles - June 2015

The Great Debate  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So I voted for Adrian. Both debaters made some very solid points, but I liked his outlook on Strategies and Schemes better. The whole debate was an enjoyable read, if maybe one instalment too long. I also don't like tournaments too much, and the experiences with the tournament scene oozes through a lot of the answers. Not the focus I would have preferred.

I liked the stories. The Carnival one had a serious Changeling: the Lost vibe which I adored.

What I would like to see in a future Chronicles would be a discussion of Story Encounters. People don't report on them often, especially the Crossroads ones. Perhaps even a narrative battle report? The non-competitive side of the game needs some attention, I feel.

Naturally, I was excited about the new renders, although I missed more stuff for the Guild...

Overall I enjoyed the issue a lot.  I have to reiterate that the debate really wasn't a debate, it was more of a discussion.  It was an interesting discussion nonetheless and I enjoyed it although I would also like to see more focused discussion.  As has been pointed out some of the discussion was a little too general (the strats and scheme discussion is a good example of this, I'd have liked to have seen a more explicit question such as what crew would you take with this combination assuming that there's X terrain and your opponent chooses Y).  Absolutely loved both the stories though you have given me the terrible choice of whether to start my fourth faction or not!

I don't read the TTB articles in each issue in case our GM decides to use them as I feel it would spoil it so can't comment on this.  Can somebody who does read them let me know if I'm missing out?

I don't read the TTB articles in each issue in case our GM decides to use them as I feel it would spoil it so can't comment on this.  Can somebody who does read them let me know if I'm missing out?

It's an interesting little spin, but it's not a literary masterpiece. Which is quite alright, I think, as rpg adventures don't have to be. At the gaming table, this could be an entertaining short story, between longer adventures perhaps.