Which 2nd Master - New Player

Deluge

I think she has a fair amount of love. But those that use her are quite quiet about it. I do know a few good players who love her to death in the forums. But she isn't as much discussed as many others though.

Maybe because she runs smooth as silk, and it's not in doubt that she is quite good?

I face her a lot, and she is hideous!

Maybe because she runs smooth as silk, and it's not in doubt that she is quite good?

I face her a lot, and she is hideous!

She isn't all that played in my meta. I've faced her only a couple of times and she does seem pretty goddamn horrible.

I only faced her once; I dismantled everything around her and my opponent got an unlucky black joker on a horror dual vs hungry darkness.

Outside of some bulk on pull my finger it is real quiet about her, which is good for mechanics but does not go into depth of her with other models as much. I am even thinking of doing something like what was done with "my long drunken road" started by Tiny in the gremlin forum just to get my take on her out and see what the response is.

• Like 1

Ok quick question, If I am playing an out of the box game with Pandora how well does this balance against other crews?

As without any upgrades this box seems to have 36SS worth of models

Poltergeist - 5ss

Baby Kade - 7ss

Candy - 9ss

Sorrow - 5ss

Sorrow - 5ss

Sorrow - 5ss

Compared to Lilith boxset (my other purchase which only has 25SS worth without upgrades)

Cherub - 3ss

Barbaros - 10ss

Terror Tot - 4ss

Terror Tot - 4ss

Terror Tot - 4ss

Is this normal and will this give me an initial advantage in box versus box games?

Yes, it will. Boxes are not balanced against each other, neither in size nor in power. You should do a regular game with a fixed SS pool and hire crews if you want balance.

Exactly. Box set vs box set are good for finding out the game, but the SS value varies somewhere between 14ss (Kirai) 48ss (ramos) Which will severly unbalance the game.

Ok cheers for that so as a starting point would 30-35 point games be more suitable or should i just plug for the full 50ss?

I personally recommend to go for the full 50ss if you want to field Masters. 30-35ss is more interesting with Henchmen led games. The game is balanced for 50ss.

Ok cheers for that so as a starting point would 30-35 point games be more suitable or should i just plug for the full 50ss?

As a start, 35 SS sounds pretty good to learn the rules. The game is much better at 50 SS though.

I guess I'll jump straight into 50SS games then, I know I should pick a crew for each Strategy/Scheme but since I'll be learning a crew rather then the game I guess I should try and fit as many different models into the list as possible (I more or less know how Lilith and Nephilim work so will leave them out until I start focusing on achieving Schemes/ Strategies). So to learn the Crew I will attempt to stick with the below "Core" and develop from there

Pandora - 6/7SS Cache

+Fugue State

+Voices

Poltergeist - 5ss

Sorrow - 5ss

Sorrow - 5ss

To which I can add Baby Kade, Candy, Teddy, Doppleganger and Waldgeists with the remaining 28/29SS (I will start off with 6-7 Stones for the first few games)

Once you have learnt the game I would suggest go for a 50 SS game if you can. If you are playing just using the 2 boxes, then a 30 or 35 ss game with Upgrades would probably be best. (but if your are unsure hat you're doing a 25 ss game using all the Lileth box wihtou upgrades Vs probably, Pandora, Poltigiest 2 sorrows Candy and the rest an increased cache

I would never recomend just usin what is in the box against another box. Agree a points cost that both sides can reach, and build to that, even if you only use half your box or so.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Peoples

I have played a couple of games with Pandora lately and have been having a great deal of fun with her, one thing that I have quickly found is that I do not like the Poltergeist. I really like the model and I like the abilities that he brings to the table and the interaction that is clearly present with Pandora. However the issue I have is the cost of the model, he is really expensive for a totem and I often find myself feeling that I am playing with one less model when I have put him on the board.

I was thinking about picking up Primordial Magic and playing him/her/that for a few games or even just playing without a totem at all, what are your thoughts on the Puke Worm and is going totem less a viable strategy? 

The Primordial Magic is utterly amazing. One of the best general totems in the game.

I wonder though why you feel to be a model short with a significant incorporeal Wk 6 Minion? I'd gladly play that thing in Guild for Scheme running.

I tend to lose him a lot in the early stages of the game, he is often targeted early although I am not sure why having never really gained a great deal of experience using him. I keep trying to keep him out of LOS so I can attempt to get him within the 2" range of his distraction aura but have so far not managed to get him this close, I maybe trying to be too direct with him even hugging terrain?

It had not occurred to me that he could be used for scheme running, I guess I have got used to playing The Cherub with Our Land, Accomplice and Rise Up!