Hello, My name is Joe and I am a Wyrdaholic

Wyrdaholic

Hello,

My name is Joe and I am a Wyrdaholic.  Some may see this as a  bad thing however I think this may be an addiction to embrace. I have held off for years even looking at the line as I had the feeling that this was the kind of rabbit hole that would pull me down far. 

Last Saturday I made the fatal error of clicking on what would appear to be harmless link to Tales of Malifaux, Breachside Broadcast. Well it hit me hard and true to form I started clicking and searching for more.

Now I wont tell you what  I have on order at my local games store, but I will tell you that I plan on starting with the Guild and then the Ten Thunders. I really cant wait to paint up the Judgement box set along with the Riflemen to start with.  Only hoping that I can do them justice. Hope they will work together as I have this problem, I do not build forces around rules too often but rather based on aesthetics. 

I will leave it at this as I could probably ramble on about my plans for pages, and pages.

Thanks to everyone that contributes to the inspirational Miniature and Terrain Showcases, I hope to have something worthy to share in a few weeks as it may take two weeks to even receive my first Malifaux masterpieces. In the meantime back to reading the Chronicles.

Thanks again for this wonderful outlet Wyrd and all those whom contribute.

Take care,

Joe, a new Wyrdaholic that has indeed crossed the breach in search of more soulstones.

• Like 3

Welcome, Joe!  I am a confirmed Wyrdaholic myself... as you can tell by my signature even going so far as to own 7 Rasputina models (with an 8th on its way...)

This is indeed a slippery slope, but the whole line is wonderful!  I can't wait to see your painting, hopefully you will share it with us!

• Like 1

Hello Victoria and Dirial,

That is great to hear Dirial.

Victoria, I surely will share regardless of the outcome of my attempts to paint... hehe

Right now I am itching so bad that I foresee myself jumping in the car on Thursday (my day off) and driving the 300 km round trip to a larger city that I know will have that which I seek in stock and ready for ummm, consumption. 

Take care,

Joe

Welcome, Joe!  I am a confirmed Wyrdaholic myself... as you can tell by my signature even going so far as to own 7 Rasputina models (with an 8th on its way...)

Metal, metal alt, translucent blue, plastic -- duplicates of one or more with alternate paint schemes?

Hello all,

Thanks for the warm welcomes.

I succumbed to temptation and made the drive to the city earlier tonight.  Although everywhere I went was sold out of the Guild's Judgement box set I did manage to procure the riflemen set along with an assortment of others.  In the past I have always avoided plastic miniatures like the plague, but have come to be more than pleasantly surprised with the quality and excellent proportioning of the guild riflemen.  So far I will avoid opening anything else I bought for fear of getting side tracked as I easily do. Anyhow I now have one rifleman assemble, will make a simple base for him tonight with the inaugural dipping of the brush in the morning after my eyes have rested. So much fine detail and little bits that I will need to get used to.

My next post should be that of a painted miniature in the appropriate place.

Take care,

Joe

Metal, metal alt, translucent blue, plastic -- duplicates of one or more with alternate paint schemes?

You got it!  :)

One was the first model I ever painted and I was sentimental about it but it was super ugly, so I got another set to paint.  Then I got a third set to turn into Christmas Raspy.  Got the alt sculpt because its cool, then won another Raspy in a single package at a tournament I went to.  At this point it amused me to collect Raspies, so I bought another one.  Then got the transparent blue one.  And finally, I just ordered an alt raspy when I saw someone was selling it, because I really wanted to paint that one again.

You got it!  :)

One was the first model I ever painted and I was sentimental about it but it was super ugly, so I got another set to paint.  Then I got a third set to turn into Christmas Raspy.  Got the alt sculpt because its cool, then won another Raspy in a single package at a tournament I went to.  At this point it amused me to collect Raspies, so I bought another one.  Then got the transparent blue one.  And finally, I just ordered an alt raspy when I saw someone was selling it, because I really wanted to paint that one again.

I know what you mean! I have 7 Lilith miniatures for similar reasons. The original metal is my favorite and I ended up with 3 of them... the first ugly paint job, the second paint job was much better, but I picked up a 3rd for in the future when my painting skills reach some magical pinnacle. Then two of the alt-metal sculpt, the new plastic, and a modified Lilith Avatar based as a standard master Lilith. Plus the unmodified avatar to use as the avatar.

I only have 4 Rasputina's though...