Glimpse The Inevitable vs Levictus

Myk

Hi guys,

Simple question, does Levictus removes condition first then heal or is it simultaneous ? Just to know if a hanged can stop him from healing. Sorry if the question was asked couldn't find this sort of answer in FAQ or on the forum.

Thanks guys.

Mike

So the acting model chooses ? if heals goes first it should be heal then remove conditions but I read Heal "and" remove condition ?

Any "official" answer on this matter or in the rulebook that I didn't see ? 

Thanks guys.

Pariahs soul reads

"When this model is killled or sacrificed, it is not killed or sacrificed. Instead, Bury this model, Remove all conditions and heal all damage on this model."

You do things in the order they are wriitten, so the "You can't heal" condition will be removed before you heal. He also will be buried, so out of decaying Aura, before he heals. It was written that way, to avoid rules debates.

Pariahs soul reads

"When this model is killled or sacrificed, it is not killed or sacrificed. Instead, Bury this model, Remove all conditions and heal all damage on this model."

You do things in the order they are wriitten, so the "You can't heal" condition will be removed before you heal. He also will be buried, so out of decaying Aura, before he heals. It was written that way, to avoid rules debates.

Is this common knowledge or is it written somewhere ? I agree with this but couldn't find anything to backed it up....

Thanks

I don't think its written anywhere, I think it was assumed to be standard English, that when you give someone a list of things to do, typically they would do them in the order you gave them to do it. Especially when the order seems to matter.

I know it was discussed whilst we were Beta testing Levi, and the wording was put in that order because any other order would have killed him. And that would have created a gamestate loop of bizarreness and confusion when he can't be killed.

• Like 1

I don't think its written anywhere, I think it was assumed to be standard English, that when you give someone a list of things to do, typically they would do them in the order you gave them to do it. Especially when the order seems to matter.

I know it was discussed whilst we were Beta testing Levi, and the wording was put in that order because any other order would have killed him. And that would have created a gamestate loop of bizarreness and confusion when he can't be killed.

I agree and it s why I ask the question because there is a difference between "and" and "then".  Very well, Leveticus will escape death one more time then  ;)

So does that mean that you always follow this order when the rule is layout like this ? Could you please indicate me the page of the rulebook that makes you think this way ?

Thank you.

In this case it doesn't matter if you follow the order or not. There is no way the healing should be done before removing the conditions (or at least no one has presented any arguments as to why it should). That means that either conditions are removed first or they are both done at the same time, and the model's controller decides the order. The result is the same either way so it doesn't really matter in this case.

If you really want to have a more generic answer you should head to the rules forum and make a topic. I'm fairly sure no one can give you a definite answer based on the rules of the game, but Justin might take notice and include the answer in the next FAQ. Although, a more likely scenario is that he won't, as he really hates making too generic rulings.