stair ratio?

Gremlin guy

I've not tested it, but i was thinking 1/2" x 1/2" in my sketches for one of my next projects.  The stairs from the terraclips sets seemed to be a little shorter than that, but with the gap under each stair being high enough for bases to slide under that was enough for you to still put a mini on them, assuming you didn't go too wild on basing the mini.  I was going to copy the general design for a two story townhouse sort of thing.

You've got to find a compromise between looks and playability.  Trial and error plus blatantly stealing ideas is the way to go. :P

-DavicusPrime

Do you mean in term of the inclination or the size of the steps? Because you could have a 1:1 incline but have that be 3 steps for example.

Also, are you going for realistic proportions or playability? Really deep steps are better for fitting models on, but you tend to only see them in outdoor areas so it might not make that much sense for you. If you're doing a staircase you could use correct scale steps and put in wide landings for placing models on to make it more playable.