first 50ss list Feedback please.

arkan

Hi,

I'm new to malifaux, and want to make a 50ss list quickly. I've just picked up the Latigo Posse, and I have yet to buy anything else, although I want to pick up a pair of austringers

So here is my first list:

Guild Crew - 50 - Scrap

Perdita Ortega -- 2 Pool
 +Trick Shooting [2]

Enslaved Nephilim [3]
Francisco Ortega [8]
 +Diestro [3]
Guild Austringer [6]
Guild Austringer [6]
Nino Ortega [7]
 +Hair Trigger [1]
Papa Loco [7]
Santiago Ortega [7]

Thoughts?

It's a solid list. It will struggle with some Schemes, I suppose, but the raw ranged killing power may easily make up for it.

If you want to learn the game with this list, though... make sure you have a lot of terrain, or your friends might abandon you in droves.

• Like 1

Solid list, but as everyone else has noted you will have some issues with schemes that require a lot of movement, and you won't make any friends with such a kill-centric list :D

For other additions besides the stringers that do not require you to buy additional crew boxes I would look at some pistolero's and perhaps a pathfinder.

The pistolero's can work as good scheme runners, and as family they fit right into the other family benefits such as providing different targets for perdita's relocate. As for the Pathfinder, he can from the shadows with Nino and provide traps as well to maintain his sniper nest and he can move the traps around which the Austringers can deliver orders to for dropping scheme markers as well, giving you some additional scheme running power without changing your core list all that much.

One other person to strongly consider is Abuela. The mean old granny of the family is a very solid piece who also has a great obey action built in as a 0 action and can even marry someone into the family and give them the family trait which allows you at some point to look at either other guild models and stay in theme or even expand to a mercenary if you want. 

Looks solid to me, though I don't have a lot of experience with the Ortegas. Austringers are nice for you but people might just ragequit and refuse to play against a list with two of them ever again. There's something about the whole "I ignore all that pesky rulebook stuff about shooting" that really gets on peoples nerves. Use them against more experienced players but try to spare other players who are newer to the game would be my advice  ;)

The one thing I do know about the Ortegas: Francisco really really really(!) wants "Wade In". Without it you can probably count on losing him turn 1 or 2. Hard to kill and a (0) heal is just to good to be ignored. If models are not an issue you could try substituting an Austringer for a Witchling or Latigo at 5ss and adding Wade In.

Best of luck!

• Like 1