Unboxing Malifaux - Gremlin 'War Wabbit'

GMort

I'm slightly glad that that model was such a bitch to put together as I was really disappointed that I couldn't justify the postage from the U.S. for one model. I still really like the model and the concept though. This is one of Wyrd's better limited additions in my opinion and Wyrd always do good limited editions (although I wish they'd figure out a way that their customers outside the states could get hold of these limited editions without having to pay through the nose for P&P)!

I won't lie...the ears were a surprise but there's slots for them so it's not as tricky as it could have been and the end result is an amazing model.

Just because I point out issues doesn't mean you shouldn't get the model rather I'm trying to make it easier for every-one once they DO get the model, lol.

• Like 2

I have assembled it and the only bits that gave me pause were the straps. As Gmort puts it, the ears slot perfectly in place, there is nowhere else they could go and it just looks seamless in the final result.

The European postage + costums sucks Leviathan sized balls, that's true. But it is a price I can still pay. Why can't Wyrd get their own Europe based office or representative so that they can come up as cheaper and more people would buy, make more money, keep smilling for longer?

Well done Wyrd.

Not looking forward to assembling this one. Separate Gremlin Ears is just ridiculous.

It made me seriously question my involvement in the hobby, that's for sure. Have become increasingly unhappy with Wyrd's sprue layout and the way models are to be assembled. But that's a different discussion.

The War Wabbit is a great model when finally put together. Am pleased I picked it up.

Don't give up on the hobby because of such a triffle as separate Gremlnin ears.

Give up only in cases of:

something better came up;

No more support for the community;

Wyrd is acting all GW on us;

new sets of rules every 3-4 years with hundreds of bucks invested in each time;

unbalanced rulesets;

unnecessary troubleshooting when playing (having to double check the rules every 5 minutes- Rackham Ragnarok cames to mind)

washing your hair

this is a hobby for miniature collectors and gamers.

If this is who we are, no point in complaining because of separate pieces in a plastic frame sprue. It's a plastic kit... I mean; things are meant to be in little pieces :D

• Like 1