Misaki's Real Place In the Game

E.T.A. Hoffman

Misaki and May fang are not bad masters, they dong jump out of the page like perdita and Leveticus. But this game is a complex machinery of random opposing crews/ schemes and strategies. Its up to you as a player to use the tools available in the game to play to your best possible outcome. As such it is to you massive advantage to know all your available masters as using an underdog might catch people off guard, especially if not many people use an underdog master correctly or to great success.

Another cool think about outcast misaki is the reduced tax she gets on some of the more interesting ranged and melee choices that are rare1 ( and as such stronger then a generic minion) not the mention the effigy that plays right into her silly stone based mechanics.

Starting to feel like effigy models are becoming auto includes due to their nature as cheap and reliable scheme runners that have 5-6ss worth of defensive stats and their ability to buff a model (your master) you want to run hot anyway

Wait is it being said that Misaki and Mei Fang are bad?! lol what?

Worst master in the game? While things like Yan Lo are running around drop loads of hot piles on everyone's gaming tables? I don't think so! ;D

Yeah, haven't you heard? Its a thing.

I don't like Mei Feng at all. Definitely the master that really didn't clique with me. I just don't see where she is supposed to shine or how to survive on a general note. But that is just me.

Another cool think about outcast misaki is the reduced tax she gets on some of the more interesting ranged and melee choices that are rare1 ( and as such stronger then a generic minion) not the mention the effigy that plays right into her silly stone based mechanics.

Misaki got heaps of stuff that plays into her soulstone mechanics in Outcasts. Hodgepodge and way cheaper Ronin, together with Pilfer makes playing with a low cache doesn't seem that bad to be honest. At least you can go on a real offensive rampage with her and burn stones like crazy.

IDK if my opponent every announces they only have 2 SS then that master is dead by turn 3 at the latest.

Another thing is if I see you're relying on Ronin and Pilfer to get your stones back I'll thwart you on that and get one of my melee 6/7 high min damage models into combat with your master and that'll be the end of her. I've been playing for a long while now and I've never seen low cache work well.

But, to each his own if you find it works for you.

• Like 1