Mexican Standoff: Guild vs Resurrectionists

Dirial

Finally played my first game for May. Lucius led the Guild in a Turf War against the Neverborn under the command of Zoraida. Both parties handed around a large number of Cursed Objects, and while the Guild attempted a Breakthrough, the Hag relied on her Raven Form to ensure Entourage.

I was pleased with Lucius performance this time (normally I would have played Sonnia, as I know her better, and she's a killer in Turf War). I played smart, but my opponent played smarter. Thus, I lost 7-9.

MVP was definitely Barbaros. His Challenge was rather ... challenging to play around. I liked Mr Graves with Lucius a lot, though. More of a learning game, but a very pleasant one.

I played three tournament games today using Guild but zFiend said I shouldn't report the results. :(

They are good then? I'd be interested in hearing them, especially if Z is against them. :D

But seriously, what are his reasons?

They are good then? I'd be interested in hearing them, especially if Z is against them. :D

But seriously, what are his reasons?

He said I should have announced beforehand that I was intending to submit them. Sounds like a weak ass reason to me. I suspect he just doesn't want guild to get 7-0, 10-2 and 7-0 wins.

zFiend said I shouldn't report the results. :(

Due to technical issues with the paperwork missing that you would be playing said games, we are sorry but we can't take those games into account for the Standoff. We thank you for your enthusiastic participation though and hope you get to report some games later that we can take into consideration. 

Yours truly,

The Resurrectionists

EDIT: Nah seriously I said you can report them though.

• Like 2

Wow, good results, Myyrä! Which Master(s) did you play?

ZFiend: You sound like a true Guildy already.

The first game was henchman hc with Ryle as the leader. My opponent used Dashel and Riflemen. The other two were Sonnia again. First was against Ramos and the second one against spirit Molly.

If they're the first three games of the month then they should count as much as I hate to hand the dirty Guild three victories!

They were my games numbered 2-4 this month, so only two of them should count. I suppose you can ignore the first one, because it wasn't a full 50ss game, or the last one, because it was the fourth game. Doesn't matter much since the first and the last both ended 7-0.

I'll igbnore the last one, then. Fits with how we handled Jonah last month.

Congratz again!

Seems fair to me and I believe two of my games were Hench led 35SS games as they were tournament practice.  Just 50SS now for me now though!  Hoping I can make it three from three against Zoraida this week though my VP difference isn't too high.

I managed to get a game in over the weekend. Can't really remember the details too well. Both players had a crate of beer and by the end of turn 5 we were both pretty much out of beers. 

Turf War

ALITS

Bodyguard

Distract

Power Ritual

Plant Evidence

The lists were something like this

Lucas McCabe -- 6 Pool
 +Badge of Speed [2]
 +Elixir of Life [2]
 +Glowing Sabre [2]

Luna [4]
Bishop [11] (This guy with Nimble + Regen +2... just wow!)
Guild Austringer [6]
Guild Hound [3]
Guild Hound [3]
Guild Hound [3]
Sidir Alchibal [9]
 +By Your Side [1]

7 VP (Can't remember where I scored them but I know most of them were from Bodyguard and Turf War)

VS. 

Mei Feng -- 6 Pool
 +Misdirection [2]
 +Seismic Claws [1]
 +Vapormancy [1]

Emberling [3]
Kang [9]
 +People's Challenge [2]
Metal Gamin [4]
Metal Gamin [4]
Rail Golem [11]
Rail Worker [5]
Rail Worker [5]

6 VP, can't remember what he took though. 

It was a close game from what I remember, took ages to finish though. I suppose that's one of the downsides to playing Drunkfaux. :D

• Like 1

I notice that hangover gets worse a lot when your your scratching the 30s... and I mean both the movie and the real thing.

Oh yeah, the older I've gotten the more horrendous the next days seems to feel. I'm not even 30 yet but damn I was rough yesterday. Thankfully my loving wife to be was there to nurse me back to health in the evening. She's a keeper than one :D

Being a few years into my thirties I can confirm hangovers are an absolute bitch!  When I was younger I used to go out all night then go to work for 9am the next day.  Nowadays a night out involves planning that I have nothing to do the next day to!

True that.

Oh yeah, the older I've gotten the more horrendous the next days seems to feel. I'm not even 30 yet but damn I was rough yesterday. Thankfully my loving wife to be was there to nurse me back to health in the evening. She's a keeper than one :D

My wife's hangover is usually worse than my own. I think she's a keeper too. ;)