Display System to solve the Dust Problem and Transportation too

Hey guys, I took an extended break for awhile but I'm back into the swing of things. 

I found these inexpensive model car display units for around 10-15 each.  I put down strips of magnets and stuck the other end on the bottom of the miniatures to hold them in place. These stack really nice too.  The magnets aren't super strong but I imagine these could be used to transport your mini's if you aren't going far; maybe to a friend's house.

I finally found a use for all those model boxes I was saving too. Take a look.

IMG_0585_zpsakc9np7f.jpg

IMG_0581_zpsraboxu4s.jpg

IMG_0580_zpseporuluf.jpg

IMG_0583_zpstg3f3a7p.jpg

and here are a couple singles, I need to buy more display boxes

IMG_0588_zps63oe34vf.jpg

IMG_0586_zpszlct5lvy.jpg

and here is what the whole shelf looks like. The bottom row is all comics I'm currently reading and collecting. The 2nd row are Graphic Novels and Trade paperbacks of various comics.  There is a boatload of models that I own but haven't painted yet, as you can see by the empty slots, lol.  As Mako says, we all collect an army of grey plastic that goes unpainted.

IMG_0589_zpsjtniawav.jpg

• Like 7

Oh yeah. That's cool. But man your painting is insane and that display really is quite something. Really great idea!

Doing fine, cheers. I was proud til a moment ago that I've gotten stuff painted. Now I'm just sad about my paintings when looking at those. I gotta come back here once at home so I'll see these in the big screen.

How have you been? Busy from the looks of it. :D

I've been well, thanks.  I moved 6 months ago and bought a house.  That's why I've been working to set up this area all nice now that I have the room to do so.  I am awaiting another desk to match so I can set up a dedicated paint station instead of lugging everything into the kitchen and taking up the table.  I'm still looking for a good lighting set up though. I thought about getting one of those magnifying circle led lights. I'm not sure what they are called exactly.

Now that I have this set up, I have more motivation to get to painting so it can be complete.  I only have 3 more slots left for crews but luckily there is a whole wall to the right I could put shelving on :)

I'll probably just fill in the stragglers into the various boxes, crooligans, crooked men, etc. Although I haven't played the game yet so I don't know what goes with what at the moment.  I plan to paint the whole set eventually.  Delusions of Granduer, I know, lol.